Saturday, 19 January 2008

Get to know the Art of *Izar

Some time ago, by Christmas time, I was surfing on the net when I stumble on a beauty blog which had a very beautiful drawing in a post.
I instantly felt in love with that draw, that I couldn’t leave without telling something.
I went to see the author’s gallery on deviantArt and I was amazed by that work.
I couldn’t help myself I needed to know more about that person, so I got in contact and she turns to be *Izar, the talent Hungarian girl that I’ve been telling about on the right bar.

Since I think that beauty must be shared with the world, I will present you some of her drawings, all copyrighted of *Izar, and her answers to some questions I asked, to know more about her art world...

Christmas Waltz

TELL US A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU AND HOW DID YOU START DRAWING.

I’m a 24 year old Hungarian girl with a university degree in English Language and Literature and a degree in teaching. I have many interests but my three main passions are drawing, English and cosmetics.

I can’t exactly remember when I started drawing, though I think it must have been at a very early age, probably when I was 2 or 3 years old. My teacher in kindergarten realized that I could draw better than the average and so I spent four years in a primary school which specialized in teaching artistically gifted children. At the age of 12 I attended a drawing studio where we drew portraits and also did studies of the human figure. I had learned a lot there. When it came to choosing a career though I decided to go to university and study Humanities. My family and I though it would provide a better living than being and artist but I still regret not following my natural inclinations and studying art.

WHO ARE YOUR FAVORITE ARTISTS?

I love the Pre-Raphaelites (I even incorporated them into my thesis), especially William Waterhouse. Also, I find René Magritte’s art very inspiring: he has such a unique view of the world and all his pieces are like a practical joke played on our senses and our right mind. Auguste Renoir’s masterful representation of shadows and light is also something that leaves me in awe.
There are many artists on DeviantART I have come to admire though the years too:

Harry In Winter

WHAT INSPIRES YOU?

Beside the above mentioned artists? :) Anything that comes my way: my cat, a tree, a landscape, a strange object, the moon shining through the branches, a good book, anything really. What really fascinate me though are the human face and body: there’s really nothing that can’t be expressed with a smile, a look, a raised eyebrow or a turn of a head.

Brook

IN ART WHAT PROJECTS DO YOU HAVE FOR THE FUTURE?

I’d like to attend a drawing studio again to improve my skills when it comes to anatomy: I’m perfectly aware that I have a lot to learn still. I would also like to draw more male characters: I feel I’ve been neglecting them until now. Right now, however, my greatest goal is to draw something beautiful for the two winners of my blog contest. ;-)

WHAT'S YOUR PROFESSIONAL GOAL TO ACHIEVE THIS YEAR?

Since I’m not a professional artist, I don’t exactly have any as of now, but I’m thinking about setting up a prints account on DeviantART and probably doing a few commissions for the first time in my life. I think the latter would be a great challenge, and as they say: “An artist’s got to eat too…”. It’s really a question of how interested people will be in my art though.


DO YOU SELL PRINTS AND ORIGINALS AND ARE YOU OPEN TO COMMISSIONS, FREELANCE JOBS AND EDITORIAL WORK?
I haven’t sold anything yet but I was once invited for a television interview for winning a drawing contest and had one of my works printed out as a postcard. (And yes, the former was a wonderful experience! :) ) That’s about the only professional career I have in art. I would sell prints (and even originals) if someone happened to be interested though, and the same goes for commissions, freelance jobs and editorial works.



I would now like to thank The Seeker, first and foremost for her kind words and for being interested in my art at all, and also for providing me the opportunity to tell the world about my works. Thank you Dearest!



When I'm Alone In The Night

Thank you dear *Izar for answering my questions and open your world of art to all of us.

Now I encourage you to check her gallery and if you have any question or are interested in her work, you can contact her.

5 comments:

  1. Hey!! the blog from Binary Star es really different!!! i liked it!!...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the black and white best; it's so moody. The others are nice, too, they have a really smooth, warm quality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice interview. And the draws are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there anymore information you can give on this subject. It answers a lot of my questions but there is still more info I need. I will drop you an email if I can find it. Never mind I will just use the contact form. Hopefully you can help me further.

    - Robson

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seldom leave comments on blog, but I have been to this post which was recommend by my friend, lots of valuable details, thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my humble blog! I read all your comments (even though I don't reply often) with great care. So keep them coming! Love to everyone :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...