Friday, 18 January 2008

The Reiki Principles


I knew, sooner or later, I would have to do again a post about Reiki, because it is part of my life.
I started talking about Reiki here in this post, when I introduced it.

The Reiki Principles is one of the major tools for human development of the system.

The photograph is of an original print of the Reiki Principles by which I try to live my life.

Like I was told by my Reiki Masters, the original Japanese, found in the manual of Dr. Mikao Usui discovered by Frank Arjava Petter, is the following text, translated by the ex-wife of Arjava, Chetna Kobayashi, to English:
Japanese English

Kyo dake wa: Just for today:
Okoru-na Don't be angry
Shinpai suna Don't worry
Kansha shite Be grateful
Gyo-o hage me Work hard
Hito ni shinsetsu ni Be kind to others

Observe throughout the day, with all your effort, the arising of anger, then look deeper for its true cause.
Observe your mind throughout the day for the arising of worry and restlessness, look deeper at their roots.
Be mindful, each moment of your day, appreciating the gift of life, find the right livelihood for yourself and be honest in your work.
In your day, as you appreciate your life, be kind to yourself and to all beings.

May spirit send you the comfort of the universe and a smile for your hearts.
Namasté

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!... i'm sure that if we try to follow this ideas even for some moments, our live wouldn't be so stressed (did u got the idea? jejejeje)...by the way...have u seen my post where you can get your name on chinese characters??

    ReplyDelete
  2. new look and topics, wow!
    I don't know much about reiki... but all those told me about it, made me think I should absolutely try it, should make me feel better in mind and body.

    hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my humble blog! I read all your comments (even though I don't reply often) with great care. So keep them coming! Love to everyone :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...