Tuesday, 1 January 2008

Smoke is in the air...


Today it’s the first day of some new law regulation about smoking in closed spaces.
I totally agree with it. As you might have guessed, I'm not a fan of smoking…
I saw the new anti-smoking campaign that the European Union started, this time a little bit different from the traditional ones...
This kind of videos makes me even less eager to smoking...
And I think it's the same with many other no-smokers...
But I have no idea how much influence it has on smokers... if it has any at all...I know a few people who gave up smoking, including myself, but their decisions were strictly personal and had nothing to do with anti-smoking campaigns... I'm just wondering: are there any people who quit smoking because of these campaigns (maybe that's asking for too much) or at least was their decision to quit influenced by them?

7 comments:

  1. my mom smokes. i hate that. im never going to it. smoking may be made glam in fashion photos but in real life-NOT COOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh...im not linked anymore? :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. They started that in my city a few years ago at first everyone was angry but now they are use to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, That's a funny campaign.
    But I don't think it will have any effect on the people who smoke.
    I'm really don't mind when people smoke, but I must agree it is nicer when your clothes don't smell like cigarets.
    The people I know that quit smoking (including me 3 years ago) just did it because they wanted to quit. Not because of a campaign like this or a non-smoking policy in bars, ...
    so I don't think it will have much influence. Anyway, people who smoke do know it is bad for them. So this doesn't change a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't smoke but I think It will take more than just one campaign to influence smokers to quit.

    Happy 2008 ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that change can only come from within a person's soul, and people won't stop smoking because of some campaign. Smokers these days know perfectly well how unhealthy it is (they hear it everywhere) but I think they need some inner realisation, something I can't really define, in order to really quit, just like you did. (For which I congratulate you.) My Mum used to smoke but she put down the cigarette when she decided she wanted a baby. (Me! :-) I can never thank her enough.

    I wonder, what made you quit?

    ReplyDelete
  7. i used to smoke as well and it wasn't because of any campaign but more for health reasons and to a lesser extent i didn't want to spend so much of my money on smokes. i sometimes wonder as well how many ppl actually are influenced by such campaigns....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my humble blog! I read all your comments (even though I don't reply often) with great care. So keep them coming! Love to everyone :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...