Thursday, 28 February 2008

Paris Fashion Week Fall 2008

Despite I’m The Seeker, usually I don’t seek for collections presented in Fashion Weeks.
But today I opened yahoo.com home page and I saw a picture from the Paris Fashion Week Fall 2008, which I thought atypical that I had to try a quick search for some more.
Below there’s a few that I found and which made me start fear about what’s happening in fashion.
I know that’s theatrical fashion production. But I’m afraid I have to say that I can’t see the concept.

At the show for Under Cover the mannequin-like models have very pale makeup and their eyes have tones of red. Their heads seem to be morphing into cones, thanks to close-fitting caps.

Belgian fashion designer Martin Margiela focusing on the neckline brings the funnel-neck.

A dark palette was brought to life through a combination of contrasting fabrics by Yohji Yamamoto with HUGE sculpted hats that sat high on the head.

Long gloves and headgear that covered the entire faces of the models laboured the point that covered-up, demure dressing is back with Junya Watanabe.

The last picture is a funnel-neck jumpsuit for enc’s jumpsuits pictures collection.

Fashion designer Junya Watanabe's fall 2008 show

Jun Takahashi’s show for Under Cover

Yohji Yamamoto collection shown


Pieces from Martin Margiela's fall collection


a creation by Belgian fashion designer Martin Margiela

6 comments:

  1. okay, now I define that as "shock chic" its just for the shock factor, totally unwearable, its hmmm....walking art or something? What a waste of fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. I find myself strangely disturbed by several of these images.

    But, I get that the over-the-top features of the looks bring that shock factor. I mean, if you look at Junya Watanabe two pieces, they are totally wearable (minus the hideous head wrap things). I totally love that grey cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love Martin Margiela!
    take care this weekend, the seeker. you have to take care of yourself.

    luv, Grayburn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like the top four looks at all, it's like something that will give you bad dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA HA HA HA HA.
    oh those pictures...
    HA HA HA HA... HA. it's just plain funny. there is no other word for it.
    with the exception of the margiela stuff (which in the past i have liked), i actually love all the clothes FROM THE NECK DOWN.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you can chalk these up as "Fashion IS Art," and move on. They're ideas incarnate. Does anybody expect these clothes to really function?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my humble blog! I read all your comments (even though I don't reply often) with great care. So keep them coming! Love to everyone :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...