Monday, 10 March 2008

jonathan livingston seagull

Jonathan Livingston Seagull, the bird determined to be more than ordinary, to have a reason for living.
This is a story for people who follow their dreams and make their own rules; it's inspired people for decades.
“Most gulls don't bother to learn more than the simplest facts of flight--how to get from shore to food and back again," writes author Richard Bach, in this allegory about a unique bird named Jonathan Livingston Seagull. "For most gulls it is not flying that matters, but eating. For this gull, though, it was not eating that mattered, but flight." Flight is indeed the metaphor that makes the story soar.
Ultimately this is a fable about the importance of seeking a higher purpose in life, even if your flock, tribe or neighbourhood finds your ambition threatening. (At one point our beloved gull is even banished from his flock.)
By not compromising his higher vision, Jonathan gets the ultimate pay-off: transcendence.
Ultimately, he learns the meaning of love and kindness.
This is a spirituality classic.

Neil Diamond
Jonathan Livingston Seagull
Be

6 comments:

  1. I loved the song :)
    I was just wondering, which is your first language?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neil Diamond is alright with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oi meu anjo, linda postagem, parabéns pelo texto. Obrigada pela visita e pelo comentário. Espero de coração que não esteja a se deprimir não (sei bem como isso é terrível, ainda estou me curando de algo parecido), faça seu reiki, foque seu pensamento somente nas coisas boas e procure ver as partes boas, positivas de todas as pessoas, coisas e fatos, é o que estou tentando fazer, reclamar menos e agradecer mais. Vc já tem um cantinho especial no meu coração, beijosss querida e fique na Paz;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reminding us of this which is important.

    Grayburn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess the thought of having the skill to fly is in every human being!

    :-) very nice video!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember reading this book about two years ago. By that time I was thirsty for stories like this: to me they served as proof that other people had discovered this way of thinking too.

    Actually, I first read the title in one of Jane Roberts's Seth books and when I came across it in the library I immediately started reading it. It's a really good companion to Roberts's books: it says the same thing that they do, only in a more artistic form. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my humble blog! I read all your comments (even though I don't reply often) with great care. So keep them coming! Love to everyone :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...