Tuesday, 11 March 2008

patch up or composite

There’s a discussion that, despite what trends are, everyday jump from the runways and echoes in ours minds when we look at the mirror;

“Shall we try to mix or to combine?”

If we check Spring/Summer 2008 collections from Dries Van Noten or Marc Jacobs to Louis Vuitton, we can see they’ve concentrated, in the same look, extreme tones and different patterns or played with the chromatic scale.
These are some cases that materialized a Fashion’s holding character in the creative and irreverence, influence of the creative spirit that dominates Spring.
This more liberal attitude made me question where the rules that we always have listened are. Guidelines that assertively forbade mixing patterns and required to match the colour of the belt with the shoes.
Across Bottega Veneta or Versace propose colour, but in a more “organized” total looks that combine perfection in the colour of accessories, in a more classical approach and sober.

“Shall we try to mix or to combine?”

Whatever the case it’s easy to fall into a mediocre result because there’s a thin line between the wonderful and the vulgar.

Dries Van Noten
Spring/Summer 2008


Bottega Veneta
Spring/Summer 2008

6 comments:

  1. Hmmm...I guess I am a fashion conservative. LOL. While I certainly support breaking some rules, I am not liking the Dries Van Noten looks very much. But, like with most runway looks, I think I could be inspired by aspects of those outfits and weave the things I like into my personal looks.

    The classic look of the Bottega Veneta line resonates with my personal taste as is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surely I'll come back and visit your blog more often.
    Thanks for all the compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The collar on that Bottega dress is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Dries Van Noten. I'm into that eclectic mixes of patterns in flowing fabrics this spring :) Let's see what happens!

    have a great day!
    Grayburn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of mixing/combining, but I'd rather dress in Dries, letting someone else do the thinking for me in this OTT case.

    I really like understated, so the BV appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love Dries Van Noten!! I love the florals in his Spring/summer 2008 collection! ineed to get my hands on a pair of pants from him!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my humble blog! I read all your comments (even though I don't reply often) with great care. So keep them coming! Love to everyone :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...