Wednesday, 9 April 2008

Today's outfit - 04/09

In a cold rainy day simple clothes to get comfort and warmness, with just a trendy detail – pearls.

Today is a very important day for me. It’s the anniversary of one of my turning points.

Just knowing that Spirituality’s good can come from life's bad is one of the most liberating concepts in the entire Universe.
After that I learned that Spirituality didn't require me to strictly follow the rules of a particular "religion" acting out all sorts of rituals and traditional religious rites of passage... sure those things are wonderful, when they have meaning to the individual acting them out... but what Spirituality really wanted from me was a "Relationship"... wanted ME, what was in MY heart! Wanted to change me from the inside out, create within me the ability to grow into a better person…

“Do not worry about what the world wants of you. Worry about what makes you come alive because what the world needs is people who are more alive.”


- Lawrence LeShan

black boots - local store
wine pants - other island store
striped scarf - Bershka
black turtleneck - local store
white cardigan - Mango
pearls necklaces - mainland store

8 comments:

  1. This post resonated with me as I am on the verge of a major turning point in my life (more on that later).

    I also agree that there is an important distinction to be made between spirituality and religion.

    Here's to being more alive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was my first time reading about your accident. I would have never have known you had been through such hardship, you are so positive. I am so glad you recovered to be the happy person you are today! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm grateful that you are here today to remind us of your turning point. You look beautiful and spirited. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simples e, ao mesmo tempo, sofisticado! Gostei!;-)

    Beijinhos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great of you to realize and understand the difference in concept. I hope you had a good day yesterday.

    The weekend is coming up, it's good time to try on the concealer and the foundation :) Come on now, they are sitting there waiting for you!

    Grayburn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love black and white outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am happy to share in your ceebration. I had no idea you had been through so much. What an amazing post and it confirmed all that I sensed about you and your amazing joie de vivre!!
    Big hug,
    LBR

    ReplyDelete
  8. you have no idea how much I love this white cardigan.


    You're so right, sometimes we forget to live. Such a shame.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my humble blog! I read all your comments (even though I don't reply often) with great care. So keep them coming! Love to everyone :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...