Monday, 19 May 2008

a fable

Today I’m going to tell you a fable that as all the stories begins with…
“Once upon a time…
...there was a firefly who liked to fly among the trees in a jungle. One day, a snake came along and looked at the firefly flying around, working, eating, and shining with its great green light. The snake didn’t have much to do, though, so he decided to chase the firefly around to eat him… First just keeping a watchful eye, then slithering softly along and lastly chasing rapidly around. The firefly flew as fast as those little wings could take him, but eventually grew tired and fell to the ground, where the snake was awaiting. Before the snake could eat him, he pleaded to ask a few questions, to which the snake replied: “Hmm… I don’t usually give this privilege to my food, but go ahead”. The firefly then asked “Am I in your food chain?”, and the snake answered “No…”. “Are you hungry?” mumbled the defenseless little firefly. “Not really, no” said the vicious snake. “Then why do you want to eat me?” cried the firefly, to which the snake stated clearly “Because I just can’t sssstand to ssssee you ssssshine!”"

Be aware of the snakes around you.

PS- I’m not talking about the snakes of Chinese Horoscope.

10 comments:

  1. Hope your life is totally free of such snakes. I know that your shining is a gift to all that come to your end of the bloggy jungle. Please shine as bright as you want. No snakes here.:-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You shine very brightly Seeker and inevitably there will be snakes. Stay strong and peaceful.

    xo Grayburn

    ReplyDelete
  3. How apt that you should have written this after the day I've had!!! Let's say it involves the legal department of Australia's Next Top Model and moi...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uma lenda bem verdadeira, e que nos faz pensar.

    Beijo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. vicious snake. great tale.

    ReplyDelete
  6. geez. glad you said not the snake in chinese horoscope. because i'm a snake. whew. lol.

    i enjyoed reading the story. i haven't read that before. thanks for sharing. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. To eat me or to become my lovely snake skin bag, that is here the question! :-)

    I didn't know this fable, but it's a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi sis...
    Love your fable!
    Don't be afraid of shinning, there are always sunglasses for the people that can't sssstand to ssssee you ssssshine....
    You sure are part of the sunshine of my life. Love you and support you always.
    Sao

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love fables - and this one is really nice. I think I can use it for my pupils. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This made me smile. There are many snakes out there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my humble blog! I read all your comments (even though I don't reply often) with great care. So keep them coming! Love to everyone :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...