Sunday, 18 May 2008

Namasté

People who know me a bit better also know that one of my favourite words is Namasté, a Sanskrit word.

In a certain context a transaction can only be between equals, between individuals who share some details in common. Hence by performing Namasté before an individual we recognize the divine spark in him. Further by facilitating our partaking of these divine qualities, Namasté makes us aware of these very characteristics residing within our own selves. Simply put, Namasté associates the following:

'The God in me greets the God in you
The Spirit in me meets the same Spirit in you'

In other words, it recognizes the equality of all, and pays honour to the sacredness of all.

There is indeed no sphere of our existence untouched by the symbolic significance of Namasté.

A verbal utterance of the word Namasté practice is equivalent to the chanting of a mantra. The sonority of the sacred sound Namasté is believed to have a quasi-magical value, corresponding to a creative energy change. This transformation is that of aligning oneself in harmony with the vibration of the cosmos itself.
Thus Namasté is in essence equivalent to meditation, which is the language of our spirit in conversation with god, and the perfect vehicle for bathing us in the rivers of divine pleasure.
So I hope that nobody use it in an incautious way.
Namasté

4 comments:

  1. I always think when I read these educational posts of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of it, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. that's interesting. and i hope i pronounced Namaste correctly. o.O

    ReplyDelete
  4. i will keep it in mind..
    thanks for sharing it...

    xoxo


    Namasté

    ps. and thanks so much for dropping by my blog..
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my humble blog! I read all your comments (even though I don't reply often) with great care. So keep them coming! Love to everyone :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...