Wednesday, 11 June 2008

if you can’t go to the mountain…

Since I first have heard about Portobello Road I was fascinated with it.
When I visited London, some time ago, I’ve been there but, unfortunately, not enough time to feed all the expectations I had, because it was raining a lot.
But I still am fascinated with Portobello Road, one of the most famous markets in the world which is internationally recognized for its second-hand and antique sections.
So can you imagine how thrilled I went when I read at vogue.co.uk that “London's famous Portobello Market has gone online.”?
Of course it isn’t the same thing as being there, feeling the smells, the people, the treasures, and the whole host of arcades, galleries, shops and cafes.
But if you can’t go to the mountain… let the mountain goes to you.
Thus, an alternative to shopping on the high street, for those who relish buying vintage and new designers is the PRETAPORTOBELLO.COM.

6 comments:

  1. This is certainly the next best thing. Well, I know what I will be doing for the next few hours :) Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great idea, putting this online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. really nice alternative. Wow, Portobello! I need to check it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I had no idea! Thanks for sharing this :)

    Grayburn

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think i'd been there when i was in London. couldn't quite remember. o_O lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dont know if im a mess or what

    but i live in london, ive never heard of this place, lol

    i am a mess lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my humble blog! I read all your comments (even though I don't reply often) with great care. So keep them coming! Love to everyone :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...