Tuesday, 24 June 2008

Tagged - Seven songs for spring... summer

The always sweet and elegant Miss L from Times of Glory , the lovely and talented Danz from Fatal Attraction 2 Fashion and the cool and stylish JuliAM from overtheundies have tagged me for seven songs for spring.

Since some Fashion Trends for Spring/Summer 2008 were influenced by the 50’s and the 60’s, I decided to dig a bit and pick a few tracks from that time. So I found these songs which I think have some sort of Spring/Summer mood.

  • A Summer Place - Andy Williams

"Theme from A Summer Place" is a song with lyrics by Mack Discant and music by Max Steiner, written for the 1959 movie A Summer Place. It is one of the most well known examples of beautiful music. Andy sings the rarely heard words to "A Summer Place" as only a pro ever could. The musical arrangement makes use of the strings to sustain the melody.

listen

  • Diana - Paul Anka

"Diana" is a song written and made famous by Paul Anka in 1957. It was inspired by a high school friend named Diana Ayoub.

listen

  • Great Balls of Fire - Jerry Lee Lewis

"Great Balls of Fire" is a 1957 song written by Otis Blackwell and Jack Hammer. It reached # 2 on the Billboard pop charts, # 3 on the R&B charts, and # 1 on the country charts. It also reached # 1 on the UK pop charts.

listen

  • Where Did Our Love Go - The Supremes

"Where Did Our Love Go" is a 1964 hit song recorded by The Supremes for the Motown label. Written and produced by Motown's main production team Holland-Dozier-Holland, it was the first single by the Supremes to go to the number-one position on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart, a position it held for two weeks, from August 16 to August 29, 1964.

listen

  • I'm a Believer - The Monkees

"I'm a Believer" is a song composed by Neil Diamond and recorded by the band The Monkees in 1966. The single, hit the number one spot on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart on December 31, 1966 and remained there for seven weeks, becoming the biggest-selling record for all of 1967, and one of the biggest of all time.

listen

  • Stand by Me - Ben E. King

"Stand by Me" is the title of a song performed by Ben E. King and written by Ben E. King, Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller. The song is inspired by a traditional Gospel song of the same name, originally composed by Charles A. Tindley in 1905, and recorded by numerous artists. Leiber and Stoller gave it a more contemporary sound. Since its release, 1961, there have been many cover versions of the song, though none have achieved the fame of the original.

listen

  • Good Vibrations - The Beach Boys

"Good Vibrations" is a pop single by The Beach Boys. The song was composed by and produced by Brian Wilson, with lyrics by Wilson and Mike Love.
Released as a single on October 10, 1966, it was the band's third U.S. number-one hit, reaching the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart in December 1966, as well as being their first British chart-topper.

listen

It seems that now the rules say I must tag 7 other people, so it comes the usual whining: who the heck should I tag??? Who hadn’t done it?
Since I’m a bit of a (frustrated) rebel… if you like it feel free to do it.

PS - I have two more tags to do... I'll do them asap.

16 comments:

  1. Lots of classic American music. Nice! I love the Beach Boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love stand by me!
    It´s such a beuatiful song :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. jerry lee lewis, the total rebel. great old school choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww..... the monkees...
    i love them and i love their song i'm a believer!
    its such a classic!!

    nice selection..

    take care.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your choices, so cool.

    Hugs from Angel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. my mom loves that diana and stand by me songs. i used to hear her singing it while strumming her guitar before. really nice songs. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Classic American songs (as enc has already stated)..interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boas dicas musicais!

    Beijinhos, com votos de bom feriado! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, I have jsut tagged you! I am sorry! You can do anytime, if you want to :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah goodness, the amount of times I listened to 'Stand By Me' during a summer camp (the DJ was obviously very fond of it, and by the time camp was over we couldn't help but love it too :-)) Actually, it will forever remind me of summer and is one of my favourites.

    I must confess, I haven't heard 'Diane' and 'Good Vibrations' before, but they're really cool too, like the rest of the songs. :-)

    Love,
    Izar
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. "I'm a believer" always makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh such great songs! I love The Monkees and The Beach Boys, they always had such fun songs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh and I forgot to thank you for your absolutely wonderful comment! To answer your question, yes I speak Bajan but it's just a dialect of the English language :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You picked such great songs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Darling, your songs are soooo classic and original! i seriously love them! I just love these retro music so much... I can listen to them for work and play! They are superb!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my humble blog! I read all your comments (even though I don't reply often) with great care. So keep them coming! Love to everyone :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...