Sunday, 27 July 2008

holidays’ thoughts…

"Begin challenging your own assumptions. Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in awhile, or the light won't come in."

~Alan Alda

Being on holiday is not a physical thing. It’s about where your head is at.
Being on holiday is a state of mind.
And the opposite of “being on holiday” is “not being on holiday” which is not to be confused with “being at work” and “being at home”.
By going on holiday you do not change the way you think.
I think “life balance” maybe becomes more prominent during the holidays.

5 comments:

  1. I could easily take this advice from Alan Alda—and from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and that's what i need. life balance. T_T i'll work on it. nice post. =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes! life balance, I'm in desperate need of this...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes balance is so hard to achieve.... they should teach that at school, humm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey you, I totally love what you said here. I often think of this during my travels. Glad to see you having such a great time and having the time to think and reflect.

    As for me, I just returned from a hectic week of fashion week & a 2-day wedding being a bridesmaid. I'm so tired and still sick :( but don't worry :)

    catch up with you soon,
    Grayburn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my humble blog! I read all your comments (even though I don't reply often) with great care. So keep them coming! Love to everyone :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...