Monday, 25 August 2008

the colour of passion…

Though black is next season powerful leading - not just in dresses - don’t think of a dark and cloudy Fall. Red traces infiltrated into the runaway and bust the parade of neutral.

Red is the colour of passion, aggression and power.
Red is one of the most versatile of all bright colours. According to designer Michael Kors, in In Style Magazine’s “What’s your Perfect Colour?” (June 2008 Aus Edition) “Red will work with any neutral in your closet.”

Ralph Lauren
Fall 2008 Ready-to-Wear
Style.com


Powerful reds and scarlet have made a huge impact of runways this fall. Find them in the plaid prints and checks of Ralph Lauren, and solid block-coloured evening and cocktail dresses of Giambattista Valli.


Ralph Lauren
Fall 2008 Ready-to-Wear
Style.com



Giambattista Valli
Fall 2008 Ready-to-Wear
Style.com


Giambattista Valli
Fall 2008 Ready-to-Wear
Style.com

Alexander McQueen's collection feature royal ruby reds and plenty of volume. And don't forget Fall 2008's jacket of the moment, the Biker Jacket, in red hot scarlet.




Alexander McQueen
Fall 2008 Ready-to-Wear
Style.com



Colourful reds and oranges can be found within the Russian Doll Folklore trend, with designers being inspired by colourful traditional Russian folk costumes, providing us with a strong bohemian look for the fall winter season.

Jean Paul Gaultier
Fall 2008 Ready-to-Wear
Style.com
The most daring attitude is to risk in the total look which includes accessories as shoes, handbags and tights.

But for those who are not so brave, the solution goes by for the accessories or red details on a neutral setting.
In the fashion accessories department, red hosiery is a hot look, with primary red opaque, whilst sexy red stilettos or a touch of red lipstick adds sex appeal and attitude to any outfit.
Iceberg
Fall 2008 Ready-to-Wear
Style.com

23 comments:

  1. oh I really do love this bright brick red! :) great and thorough post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red is my absolute favorite colour. I adore a red shoe, bag, lipstick, wine, and anything else in red.
    Love this red hot post!! Merci!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red is one of my favorite colors, and I've always loved how it can make heads turn. It's uplifting, impressive, commanding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love Jean Paul Gaultier's piece...mainly because its the most wearable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the look of ralph lauren
    and iceberg
    very cool way to wear red, even though I don't think the color looks good on me.

    love what you did to your layout again;)

    Thank you for congratulating me on my 400th post :):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. red is one of my fave color now. great post. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. ilove red! though wearing a head-to-toe number scares the hell out me, i think its one of the colors that complements almost everyone.. and it looks great on photos too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love red!! though its one of the colors that im scared of, esp. the head-to-toe number, but i think its also one of the colors that complements everyone, and looking great/fresh in photos!! :) and those tights are fierce! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love a bright and shiny red for fall and winter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the Alexander McQueen DRess

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those all-red outfits look stunning, but I can't see myself all in red... I don't think it would flatten my shape!

    I've read your comment in my blog, thank you so much for the advice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Ralph Lauren coat would be perfect! I'm trying to find such a thing while doing some thrift shopping. The Gaultier style I don't like as much. I think, it's a bit too much.
    Compliment for your entry, it's such a good choice of different styles!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Post 5*!
    Eu adoro o vermelho.
    Como sou muito branquinha (ok, quase transparente, lol) o vermelho é uma côr que me fica bem ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want that sweater dress from iceberg!!

    glad to know you had a good weekend. do you ever get the feeling that the days are so short and there isn't enough time?

    x Grayburn

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love the color... the mixture of red+orange kind of making a salmon color is one of my faves and always fitting for fall. i never heard of ICEBERG, but i like what im seeing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. red is totally gorgeous. but it doesn't look good on me, i suppose. an exquisite post, great job. =]

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yummy post! Crimson rocks . . . especially Giambattista Valli.
    There's a reason why Heather #1 wore the red scrunchee in "Heathers" - red = power, like you said!!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love red too! so sexy!

    a kiss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. lovely report! You write very intewresting. And great pictures!


    kisses melmo

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the color red. A long time ago people use to associate red with the redlight districts and streetwalker. But I think that the year 2006 reclaim and refined that color and took it back to something lush and glamourous. Red is definitely one of my favorite colors.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi!!
    I'm Back :)

    ---
    I Think i have told you like a 1000000 times, but I LOVE RED!

    is just an amazing Colour! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my humble blog! I read all your comments (even though I don't reply often) with great care. So keep them coming! Love to everyone :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...