Saturday, 18 October 2008

islands of haze

Outside the fog daces in the air and the wet ground begins to smell like Fall.
And the soul of the islander starts to feel nostalgic.
In our lives, in the film produced by each of us, is a song, lyrics that are not ours, but it is as if, as we know how to sing ... because we know to use it! In peace on the islands of haze lies an unknown roadmap designed in the tone of a deaf voice and in the agility with which the ropes move stretched by the forgotten promise... the "Feature Film" of our lives!


Islands of Haze
(lyrics translation)

I still feel my feet on the square
Where my grandparents danced the "Pezinho"*
The beautiful "Aurora"* and the "Sapateia"*
As in my veins run black basalt
And in memory volcanoes and earthquakes

That’s why I am from the islands of haze
Where the seagulls go kiss the earth

If in my eyes I bring the rock of the waves
The look is the sweetness of lagoons
As I bring the tenderness of hydrangeas
In the heart the burning of the volcanoes

That’s why I am from the islands of haze
Where the seagulls go kiss the earth

As in my veins run black basalt
In the heart the burning of the volcanoes
The immense sea fills my soul
And I have green, so much green to indicate me hope.




The music and lirycs of this song are from Manuel Medeiros Ferreira

This is a free translation by me


*Azorean Folklore Song

23 comments:

  1. i love the 3rd pic. it's so relaxing. i can even hear the flowing water. =]

    nice lyrics, btw. take care always. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post -- beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love nature. i just love your pictures mama :)

    i miss ur blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful morning! ! :) your pictures are nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi mama. of course not! ur not old. its just the age hehehe. i love u because I can see so much happiness and satisfaction with everything you do. i luv yah hot mama! :)

    thanks for the comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. u did a review of the song jare!! haute haute hotttttt!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh. I feel better already.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i've come up with something. hope u'd like it mama. :)

    kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pardon my ignorance but is the song in French? It is lovely! And I love the pictures which you've posted!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It can be heartfelting and peaceful at the same time!

    Beijo meu ♥,

    A Elite

    PS: now I understand the humidity part!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for introducing us to the
    "Islands of Haze".
    Gorgeous landscapes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wonderful pics =)

    yes the girl is my best friend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. amazin pictures u choose ! great honey

    ReplyDelete
  15. hello, interesting blog posts... care to ex link?

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've managed to capture some amazing images here.

    ReplyDelete
  17. And that's what I'm talking about.
    this is why I read your blog seeker. A little bit more beautiful each day.
    xx

    ps. We would call you Chairman of the Board here in Eire. Be sure to have good people beside you and you will do well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Recebi um carinho de uma amiga blogueira de Portugal, que me atribuiu o prêmio dos Melhores de 2008.
    É uma brincadeira de interação por lá e dediquei a você também.
    Veja no meu blog http://tengavolantes.blogspot.com .
    Beijo.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love it ! *_*
    i loves the first 2 pictures S!

    the fog makes me happy -weird huh?-

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think that there is a part of you that has had enough of this weather---but the moodiness, and the visibility of the atmosphere creates a feeling of mystery and mysticism. I love your photographs and the feelings induced by these photos and song.

    All that green of hope is created by the moisture of emotions.
    Lovely! If that is true then all the tears we cry create the potential of a lusher ground. I hope you are able to see the abundance of green that surrounds you.

    Beautiful post, Seeker. Thank you for brining it to my attention. Not sure how I missed it.
    Much love and huge hugs.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. The photos of the island in haze is beautiful. Everything looks so quiet as if everyone is tiptoeing about the island so as not to disturb nature. The music & lyrics are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my humble blog! I read all your comments (even though I don't reply often) with great care. So keep them coming! Love to everyone :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...