Friday, 26 December 2008

TO - 12/26 - today I went to work... and thought...

I really hope that everyone, who celebrates it, had a beautiful Christmas Eve and Day.
I had nice and calm ones, together with Hubby.
Fortunately Hubby’s mother is recovering very well. Thank you so much for asking about her.
Mother went to our home on Xmas Day to have lunch and dinner and spent all afternoon here. She was feeling so happy that made me feel so good because I could provide her a nice day.

Oh, today we went to work at the office. Half workers today, the other half January, 2nd, which means I’ll stay home that day.
But I wasn’t very fashion inspired, all the food and drink made me feel a bit lethargic.
Well I just can’t talk about that because if I start thinking of it I feel guilty and all those other thoughts you know come to my mind.

The city was so calm. All the stores were closed, and many customer services too.
No, here we have no “boxing day”.

Hubby, among other things, gave me a lovely ring made of black basalt (the stone the island is made of) and silver. It’s like a symbol for the islander in me.

So have Santa been good to you? And did you already say thanks to the elves who made your Xmas presents? Or Santa's helpers?

black oxford shoes - from mainland through a local store
black wide-legs pants - C&A Clockhouse
gray belt - Stradivarius
dark gray turtleneck - Zara
mustard cardigan - Vero Moda
1st necklace - gift from Hubby (Bijou Brigitte)
2nd necklace - gift from Hubby (Details)
cocktail ring - gift from Hubby
black trench - Zara
black and green handbag - local store
lipstick - Esté Lauder
lipgloss - L'Oreal
perfume - Noa from Cacharel

20 comments:

  1. hi... thanks for the heartfelt comment you gave me... hopefully, i will be known at my passion....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you brightened up everyone's day when they had to come into work.
    We have St Stephens Day here (no Boxing day) Holiday still with no big stores open.

    I will miss you dear Seeker as I am off to Australia tomorrow to stay with family for 2 1/2 weeks. No broadband internet so I will not be posting very much, and no chance to comment. Have a good January. Glad hubby's mummy is better.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look great with all your accessories.

    Well adorned.

    Happy New Year, Seeker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there-your mustard cardi and accessories really make your outfit so perfect!! Looking so lovely and it must be nice to have some sun too, haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow darling!
    You look so vibrant in your photos! :)
    Please never feel guilty after you eat...You know what they say...The only reason people gain weight is becuase of the guilty feeling...I'm sure you know some people that eat tons of food but are extremely skinny...You know why? Because they don't feel guilty :) hehe...
    So I hope I have convinced you to forever change your mindset about food...lol...at least I have attempted :)
    Your outfit is fantastic! :)
    muah!
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  6. your jewelry looks so great :)
    and YES, santa was so good to me :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who would tell you ate so much, you look impressive and I liked a lot the splash of yellow over the dark outfit :)

    I'm still waiting for my Three Kings to come next 6th january, but anyway I received a black supersized bag that I was really needing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Olá The Seeker,

    O Menino Jesus foi generoso comigo mesmo depois de ter dito que não precisava de nada nem queria que gastasse dinheiro comigo. Foi tudo pessoal, nada para decorar a minha casa que já esté cheia demais !

    Esta cor fica-te muito bem e associada ao preto ainda mais ... Eu costumo usar o laranja com o castanho (por causa dum cachecol com estas cores...)

    Feliz Ano Novo, querida amiga longíqua, e obrigada pelas tuas palavras sempre gentis !

    Beijinhos verdinhos

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pitcures! it seems that you are smiling with the sun :)
    so you have nice christmas? good to hear that!
    yes, santa was good to me and when i look at you new ring, he (or hubby?) was good to you,too!:)
    well i love this collage you did, you look very proud because of your ring!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh you had a nice christmas? that's great to hear. You look so lovely in this cardigan. I love the colour so much on you.

    have a nice (and a bit lazy ;)) week

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  11. The jewelry looks so nice. I'm glad you enjoyed christmas with the one you love!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh not. Work... :((((( Brrrrrrrrr...

    I love your outfit, especially sunny mustard cardigan!

    xoxo: Janet

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely pictures as always :-)
    I'm in Paris now waiting for my connection... So greetings from Paris... And a very Happy New Year :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  14. This outfit looks really good on you!
    Also, the collage looks excellent.
    Kisses,
    Sao

    ReplyDelete
  15. im soo happy bout ur mum in law...
    and, i like the ring... and those funny pix u put up...bout my post:yayyyyyyzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!! booooooo!!!!!!!!! lol. say sowie to hubby!
    *hugzzzzzzzzzzzz!* ur super technicolor!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your jewels today, and the mustard cardi!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  17. one day i will steal this cardigan from you :P

    no, i will not, because you look so great wearing it!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a lovely chic you are. i so love your outfit.

    good to hear about your mom-in-law's fast recovery. sorry for i didn't know about that. but i'll still include her in my prayers. =]

    ReplyDelete
  19. Que bom que ela está se recuperando!
    E você está linda!
    Adoro essa cor, mostarda, e com preto fica um luxo!
    Namastê
    Beijo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my humble blog! I read all your comments (even though I don't reply often) with great care. So keep them coming! Love to everyone :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...