Saturday, 10 January 2009

Favorite Things 2008 - Just a look to a few...


Thanks to the coordination efforts of the lovely and talented Grayburn from Grayburn, a group of bloggers come together and post their favourite things of the past year, 2008.

Well, I am happy to say that I had the opportunity to participate in this event.


It's really hard for me to catch down the choices in order to pick my favourite things of the year.
2008 was an appealing, sore, yet dynamic year for me, a lot of people and things have received the right to enter in my category of favourites.


I feel that I'm doing harm to some great people and things by not talking about them, but it could turn into a boring never ending post.

I could talk about the great people I found through my blog.
I could talk about some fashion trends like the maxi dress, the leather pants, lace, tartan, and so on.
I could talk about some beauty products I discovered like the Chanel nail polish or the Jasmin Noir perfume from Bvlgari.


But I’ve decided to tell you my favourite trends of 2008 in… shoes (may The Despotic Queen of Shoes forgive me)

Gladiator Sandals

There were flats, and then they grew heels, and they grew even more heels, and so on. There were so many versions of gladiators that were produced too. Thus, 2008 was really the year of the gladiators (in terms of shoes). I had my share of gladiators and I’m happy that they are still around even if a year has passed.


Shoes Bright Colours


These couldn’t make me happier, as you know I love (now) colour. While many women rightly argue that bright shades aren't as easy to wear, I'd happily trade off some versatility for a bit of personality.
After a year or two of shoes in neutral shades dominating the market, Spring of 2008 brought us a dizzying array shoes in bright colours. Pink pumps and outrageously orange stilettos were everywhere, but clearly, the footwear gods decided that what we all really needed was a pair of yellow shoes. The trend towards brightly-coloured footwear carried into Fall, as purple shoes became all the rage.

Menswear-Inspired Shoes - Heeled Oxfords

The menswear-inspired footwear trend really started catching Fall/2007, but in 2008 heeled oxfords were hotter than ever.
I felt in love by them and it was a great journey until I finally could have ones.
But I made it. And I’m happy I did.


So, thank you my dear Grayburn from Grayburn for organizing this event.
And you, please also visit the lovely following bloggers who as well participated in it:



Beautiful Makeup Search

Beauty 411

Beauty Talk

Beauty Tyrant

Binary Star

'*:.blu3.:*'

For The Love of Beauty

Grayburn

Life Of A Ladybug

lily loves mac

Make Do Style

Miss Whoever You Are

Perfume Shrine

Platinum Blonde Life

Slap Of The Day

The Beauty Alchemist

The non-blonde

Urbane Girl

17 comments:

  1. You're just so right in your choices!
    Gladiator sandals were THE shoes in 2008, like the oxfords and the bright heels!
    Take care,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was rather exciting. Gladiator sandals were quite unexpected but they are really versatile, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i loved gladiator sandals in 2008 so much ;) but it's a shame that I have none....

    kiss melmo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there-what a fabulous collection of shoes my dear! have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you nailed it with the gladiator sandals! Plus well done on the list! Thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Seeker,

    Happy Birthday to you! I hope it is the best. Today was also my father's birthday. He would have been 97.

    I love love your new haircut. Wishes for a lovely day.
    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post, esp. the bright shoes!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  8. love these honey i love shoes so this post is yummy for me!the gladiators are delish and all those bright heels are super.
    big kiss
    Marian

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes the gadiators are really the best trend in 2008, but i will waer it the next s-s too.... kisses

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the bright shoes! I hope you are having an amazing weekend!
    xo,
    d-

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am staring at your feet and nicely done pedicure in those gladiators and wishing that I had them! I hope we can still wear them in summer 09 cause I'm getting some!

    What a lovely list of favorites of the past year girl! I also want to inject more colors on my feet as you're inspired me and given me the courage to do so.

    Have a great weekend and thanks so much for sharing this experience with me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Parabéns amiga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lindos os sapatos!
    O evento deve ter sido muito bom!
    Namastê
    Beijo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A woman can never have enough shoes! What an exciting post, darling ! :)
    Oh, you didn't think I'd forget, did you?! It's your birthday today! Happy birthday lovely!!! I wish you peace and serenity! May you always stay just as beautiful inside and outside! Your soul and presence brings so much happiness to people! :)
    I love you and Happy birthday! :)
    Muah!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful post and a very unique blog! I'm enjoying reading through your posts as well as admiring your shoes, dear one!

    I love that 60's inspired look you have on in the photo above this post - that mustard yellow looks stunning on you. Just beautiful.

    Have a wonderful year and looking forward to reading much more from you.

    xo
    Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shoes - such a great topic for your favourite things list!! I love gladiators but have yet to get myself some. But you're so inspiring me to get those gladiators asap

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my humble blog! I read all your comments (even though I don't reply often) with great care. So keep them coming! Love to everyone :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...