Saturday, 17 January 2009

searching for spring 2009 fashion trends…

When this time of the year comes I start to do my searches about what are going to be the trends for Spring, so I can start organizing my pieces, seeing if there are some in my boxes that can be recycled, the ones from last year that can be worn and what are the trends that can be incorporated in “my style” and what I would buy if I would go to mainland in one of my “shopping seasons” that I’m always talking about.
Despite we didn’t think if we are going to mainland soon or when we will do it, I’m already doing my “homework”.

So today I’ve been “googling” some “fashion trends spring 2009”. I found this article from which I’m taking some parts -the ones in italic:

Be Bold - While we may feel like wearing black in these tough economic times, 2009 is all about bold and bright colors.

Colour-happy fashionistas, like me ;), will dress from head to toe in eye-popping colours like daffodil yellow, vermillion orange, (orange is going to be a hot colour of the spring and summer season, sure to make anyone stand-out), verdant green, hibiscus red, bold fuchsia, hot pink, wild violet and cobalt blue. Whether you go intense all over or simply go bright with an accent, just look to the crayon box to follow this trend.

Glitz and Glamour - Whether they cover an entire garment or are just sprinkled throughout a look, sequins should be very popular. Also bringing sparkle and shine to your closet are metallic fabrics.

This spring, it'll be time to shine. The season's clothes aren't content with quietly wandering into rooms. No, come spring, dresses and blazers will be blinding, courtesy of sequins.
Metallics will shine for spring, although predominantly silver and gold, you can find other neutral colours in metallics, such as bronze or pewter, as well as colours with a metallic finish. Neutral metallics are great for accessorizing because they go with anything, and they're not just for evening anymore although some metallics definitely should remain evening attire.

Sheer Genius - Sheer fabrics can add a touch of sexy sophistication to your closet. You'll see the sheer trend as inserts on classic pieces and in whimsical layers.

Women will be wearing designs featuring layer upon layer of translucent clothing, revealing their body with equal doses of subtlety and taste. Sheer fabric items will be all the rage this season. They are sexy and edgy. A word of caution, do not forget to wear something underneath these items.

Neutral Territory - In direct opposition to the bold color trend we see beige making a surge.

Well, I’m not thrilled about pastels at all and I’m not seeing some of those in my wardrobe. However, I might look for ways to integrate some in funky ways to accessorize and/or as shoes.

Baggy Bottoms - Whether you like it or not, the wide-leg look is in; bell-bottom jeans and flowing trousers were seen all over the runways. For a dressy interpretation look for loose-fitting silk pants.

Wide-legged pants make a comeback and the slouchy silhouette, when sporting this trend, remember the golden rule of proportions - go big on top or bottom, not both. It's tricky to wear this trend all over, so opt for a menswear-inspired blazer with a slouch paired with slim jeans or baggy harem pants with a fitted top. That’s my opinion.

Flower Child - The hippie look is ready for yet another comeback. Flirty, flowing dresses with embroidery and jewel details will be making a reappearance in 2009.

Pretty florals will be popular this Spring. Only this season the floral prints are being presented in a different way. Many leading designers are showing floral prints that are more blurred than usual on their women's clothing.

I also read about other trends, like ruffles, statement necklaces, bow belts, one piece suits, all-white outfits, harem pants, cropped pants, jewelled-necklines, blazers, more gladiators, zipper accents…

I still have to search about legs wear, but searching for the colours I saw that...

The Top 10 Spring 2009 colours for women are (source):


PANTONE 18-4043 Palace Blue
PANTONE 15-3817 Lavender
PANTONE 14-0754 Super Lemon
PANTONE 15-1626 Salmon Rose
PANTONE 18-2328 Fuchsia Red
PANTONE 14-1307 Rose Dust
PANTONE 16-5804 Slate Gray
PANTONE 16-6339 Vibrant Green
PANTONE 16-0435 Dark Citron
PANTONE 14-5714 Lucite Green

So, what do you think of my fashion's Spring 2009 trends finds? Any insights?

5 comments:

  1. I think being bold is right on the mark. Just because it's depressing right now, doesn't mean we have to look miserable and dark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think red will be very important in spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for colourful clothing!!! And I do adore anything sparkly, I am still on the hunt for my perfect metallic sneakers, and I am getting into the wide legged trouser trend slowly but surely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    I am very well enlightened.. thank you for the tips. The neutral beiges are also blooming with a lot of home owners in the US. Not only are more kacki type colours being used in design for homes and architecture, they are surging in tones from light through deep.

    Of course any type of light Pantone colours are always amazing to me, and with the tips of the "hippie" genra re-awakening, and bell bottoms or tops.. great future in store for syle indeed.

    This thought takes me back to like 1978 when I used to wear neutal brown shinny silk shirts and coordoroy bell bottom pants...LOL
    I used to be a young cool, hip and slick cat... :)

    kisses baby...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Penso que os florais são lindos!
    Em vestidos longos!
    Cores vibrantes e alegres!
    E, por aqui, os batons em tom de vermelho, embora o nude ainda prevaleça com mais força!
    Namastê
    Beijo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my humble blog! I read all your comments (even though I don't reply often) with great care. So keep them coming! Love to everyone :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...