Wednesday, 4 March 2009

TO - 03/04 - the all-knowing man tells us the answers are "inside ourselves" and tells us to go and contemplate...

Today I had an amazing experience.
It was yoga class day, but the teacher forgot the keys of the classes place. We started to talk, some went away and only six of us stayed. By that time the teacher purposed what if we were interested on going to the beach in front and to do some meditation.
We all said yes and there we went.
No one was at the beach, it was calm, just with the sound of the sea caressing the sand.
We placed down ours mantles, sitting cross-legged.
The sun was falling down with the sun set and it was getting dark.
The teacher started singing a mantra, we all closed our eyes and when she stopped we start meditating for about 10 minutes.
When we opened our eyes it was already dark and the feeling was great.

Climbing a mountain and reaching a bearded man sitting cross-legged in front of an entrance to a cave or high on the mountain top is part of the arduous journey toward self-fulfilment, self-improvement. Once we find him we ask, "What is the meaning of life?" or "How do we achieve peace in ourselves and our lives?" This all-knowing man tells us the answers are "inside ourselves" and tells us to go and contemplate.
The reality is, as the wise old man said, the answer is inside all of us. To manage these universal concerns we must go inside ourselves. Among the steps we can take is the learning and practicing of meditation.
It is your time for you. Everyone deserves this kind of personal attention. This is a self-care activity; loving oneself!
We are all better because of each person who meditates. The peace and joy felt by those who meditate enters the world for all of us as positive energy. From it the world is a better place. Imagine if we all practiced meditation!

Coincidently (no, there are no coincidences), at lunch time I took my pictures near the yoga classes place (the yellow house in the third picture) and next to the beach we meditated latter.

black ankle boots - local store
blue skinny pants - Vero Moda
red sweater - Vero Moda
red cardigan - Mango
scarf - flea market
black and white retro style coat - local store
gray handbag - Mango
rubi brooch - gift from Hubby
bracelet - gift from Hubby
cocktail ring - gift from Hubby
lipstick - Esté Lauder
perfume - Noa from Cacharel
nail polish – Rouge Noir from Chanel

33 comments:

  1. Meditar é muito bom!
    Principalmente em lugares inspiradores!
    Namastê
    Beijo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you were lucky (in a way) that the class didn't take place as usual, because you got a lot out of the meditation!

    I love the blue pants with the red top. A very bold choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello beautiful lady. You are in a philosophical mind set today. I agree with the stance...and know that while we do have all the answers inh our inner selves...sometimes the answers....evade being easily known
    Hope your week has been a good one. You look lovely in the photos
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, bright blue skinny pants.... love it....hmmm, i haven't saw u wearing a cocktail dress yet....
    hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Si todos meditáramos el mundo sería mejor.
    El amor triunfará, aunque costará mucho sufrimiento.
    besos
    _______________________
    Meditáramos If all the world would be better.
    The love will triumph, although it cost a lot of suffering.
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds so peaceful!
    The world is in great need of all our positive energy. Great experience
    Kisses,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there-such an insightful post and you look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow beautiful scenry once again na doh those blue jeans are eye popping :o)......

    Yoga sounds interesting although i had never tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always wanted to try yoga!
    The blue skinnies look great on you, you really can handle them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The story goes in circle and yes no coincidence. That sounded like an amazing experience and yes very true what you said about finding the answers within us. We too often look outwards for feedback, for answers but not finding...they are no where as powerful compared to what is inside ourselves.

    xo Grayburn

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow thats seems to be a wonderful experience! i meditated once and i really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darling, is a wonderful experience. The ourself peace is a great thing... and it's my desire... I want make yoga too but where I live there's isn't school =(((

    About the outfit... I love blue pants... Love love<3

    Thank you so much for all your words in my blog, you're fantastic!

    Kiss & Luv

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome skinny jeans, The Seeker! I love it!

    xoxo: Janet

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful story, and love the jeans!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like an amazing experience :).

    I love your blue skinnys!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi :-)

    Yes, I guess if we all just took good care of ourselves and those around us...

    You know, I live near the ocean too and yet, every time I see the water it's like I am looking at it for the first time. I can never get bored of it.

    Have a great weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi!
    Wow, that experience sounds so good! It must have been a magical thing.
    The house where you have your yoga classes looks beautiful. You're such an accomplished person.
    I love the Rouge Noir nail polish!
    Is it cold there? Seems so, if you must wear so many sweaters?

    Thanks for your kind comments. Yes, I tried to talk to that friend. I sent her millions of emails, but at first she didn't react at all. Now yesterday she finally wrote me a short email back. She only said that there was nothing wrong with me and that she needed a little more time to think. That calmed me down a little, now I don't cry anymore all the time.

    Lots of Love,
    Big Hugs and Kisses,
    Cate

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow such a beautiful post :) Ahh how I wish I could live by the sea! Love the blue and red combination, I so need some bright blue trousers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such an experience, and so well-timed for you right now. The more serenity the better, right, beautiful?

    ReplyDelete
  20. lovely blue trousers!
    I would like to try yoga sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look so relaxed on the photos, this must be the effect of your Yoga experience:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. seeker sorry, but I had a lot of work, now I'm more relaxed.
    I have used your image to the logo of my new site are you OK?.
    you can do with the new logo as you like.
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  23. Okay that's it... I'm buying blue skinny pants! You look awesome, as always.

    "...it was calm, just with the sound of the sea caressing the sand"

    Where do I sign up!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love you in those blue pants ...they may be my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  25. i tried meditation once and was NOT good at it. i must try again. and i would love to do it (meditation, that is!) on the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great post! I love yoga =]

    xoxo,
    La C.

    ReplyDelete
  27. gostei imenso...
    o enço é lindo

    ReplyDelete
  28. Seeker, you are truly so blessed to have such a great hubby! Luv rubby gems! Wish I could see it more clearly...

    ~Blessings*

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sorry that it has taken so much time until i write you again! these days are so full of stress :/
    hope you feel fine!
    that outfit is colourful and great. i love,love,love that jeans! Vero Moda is an great label! in my town there is an little shop whit some things from vero moda but at the moment i have said to me that i will not buy any things until my parents get an credit card. so i can buy things at Asos,Boohoo&Co!
    Hope i will hear from you!
    Huges, Mina

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a great experience! So cool that you have it. The all-knowing man knows his business, the answers are inside of us, we must learn to listen.

    By the way, I love your coat

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my humble blog! I read all your comments (even though I don't reply often) with great care. So keep them coming! Love to everyone :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...