Friday, 6 March 2009

TO - 03/06 - Klein but not Calvin… and a huge migraine…

Looking to my outfit with all that blue, I remembered that there are yet many people that when one speaks about Klein blue (or IKB as it is known in art circles) they think it’s some kind of blue used in a Calvin Klein, fashion designer, collection.

IKB was developed by the French artist Yves Klein, classified by New York critics of Klein's time as neo-Dada, but other critics, have since classified Klein as an early, though "enigmatic," Post-Modernist.

Here is how the Tate Collection describes it:
In 1947, Klein began making monochrome paintings, which he associated with freedom from ideas of representation or personal expression. A decade later, he developed his trademark, patented colour, International Klein Blue (IKB). This colour, he believed, had a quality close to pure space, and he associated it with immaterial values beyond what can be seen or touched. He described it as ‘a Blue in itself, disengaged from all functional justification’.

According some experts, International Klein Blue is outside the gamut of computer displays.


Today I had to leave earlier from office due to a huge migraine. And as soon I got home, after taking some pills, I went to bed and took a nap.
Now I’m feeling a bit better, but not well yet.


I wish you all a gorgeous weekend.



rubi shoes - La Redoute
blue tights - Calzedonia
plaid skirt (dress) - handmade by mother several years ago (detail)
blue navy turtleneck - local store
blue cardigan - local store
mustard scarf - H&M
red trench coat - Zara
sunglasses - mainland store
necklace - mainland store
bracelet - gift from Hubby
cocktail ring - gift from Hubby
lipstick - Esté Lauder
perfume - Noa from Cacharel
nail polish – Rouge Noir from Chanel


18 comments:

  1. I'm such a baby in color mixing.. I have so much to learn from you

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely plaid skirt (by Ur mom) and trench!

    xoxo: Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. To improve your health.
    I also have migraines, is it so much thought and little sleep?
    _______
    For now I will not make new condursos of LOOK
    I and many beyond.
    Who is the girl in the logo? :):).
    You are beautiful with this look
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you use colours - your outfits are never boring! I really love this one, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bright blues, so fantastic! And the red shoes are wonderful :) Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there-what a lovely vibrant outfit, I wish I was more confident to wear bright colour tights!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about the migraine, darling!

    Love the blue tights and cardi!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Migraine is horrible - but your look is awesome. I love those crazy colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i hope you are feeling better, and you can sure work color!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i never knew it was possible to patent a color? all colors or so calle d new ones a prob a shade of an already existing one :o)...well...

    Love ur color combination i bet it caught a lot of stares :oD

    ReplyDelete
  11. You turn a grey day into a sunny one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gostei do vermelho com azul!
    Ficou alegre!
    O casaco é lindo!
    Namastê
    Beijo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your use of colour never fails to amaze and intrigue me. So bright and beautiful!

    It is such a wonderful change from the ever-predominant black/monochrome looks.

    I hope you are feeling better, and that you are having a wonderfully relaxing weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry to hear about the migraine. You know, it got super warm very fast yesterday in TO - temp rose 15 degrees celsius in 12 hours. So many people had to go home with migraines. I think the change from cloudy to sun and the temp made a huge difference. Since it's looking sunny in your photos (for the first time in a while) maybe a similar thing is happening on your island?

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a beautiful blue you have on. Like the yellow and red touches...can't go wrong mixing primaries, yes?

    Sorry about your migraine.

    I'm so curious now about IKB. I've never heard of that before. Thanks!

    And thanks for your encouraging comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. such a great outfit, honey, i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What comes to my mind isn't an artist (since I don't know much about art) but the smurfs...

    I hope you're better now :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my humble blog! I read all your comments (even though I don't reply often) with great care. So keep them coming! Love to everyone :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...