Saturday, 25 April 2009

TO – 04/24 & 04/25 – how do you face transitional weather… and I hate holidays on a Saturday…

Transitional weather, as we can call it because isn’t yet Spring’s and isn’t also Winter’s, can be faced in two ways.
As something that sucks, very nerve racking, especially on the land of the “four seasons in a day”, or as a great challenge on layered looks. When well combine there are items that give you body temperature adjustment. You can wear almost everything when it’s cold, take of the warmers to go indoors and even take off something else, like a cardigan if you feel overheating.

I think that it’s a great time to innovate and be creative, but I have to be honest, sometimes it really sucks… Yesterday I was completely uninspired about what to wear.

How about you? How do you deal with this kind of weather?



green shoes - Xmas gift from Hubby
green tights - Calzedonia
yellow dress - Veintitantos (Bday gift from Hubby) H&M (F/W 2008)
green cardigan - Vero Moda (S/S 2009)
palatinate purple belted blazer – H&M (F/W 2008)
necklace - gift from T.
cocktail ring - gift from Hubby
colourfull brooch - Hubby's gift
bracelet - Bijou Brigitte (S/S 2009)
black and green handbag - local store
lipstick - Gerlain
perfume - Noa from Cacharel


Today it’s a holiday, we are celebrating the ‘red carnation revolution.’ It’s a day that should be full of significance. Last year I’ve talked about it here, if you’re interested.
However I still have the same question “are the ideals of the red carnation revolution done?”.

But I just hate that it’s a Saturday… we didn’t work anyway…



black ankle boots - local store (F/W 2007)
jeans - gift from my goddaughter - GAP
green sweater - Stradivarius (F/W 2008)
purple belt - H&M (S/S 2009)
bordeaux blazer (cropped sleeves) - mainland store
pink scarf - C&A (S/S 2009)
watch necklace - DIY
cocktail ring - gift from Hubby
bracelet - Bijou Brigitte (S/S 2009)
black and green handbag - local store (F/W 2007)
lipstick - Guerlain
perfume - Noa from Cacharel

23 comments:

  1. oh i just LOVE the second outfit in this post. absolutely fantastic!

    and holidays should not fall on the weekends. ever! they should fall on weekdays so that we all get an extra day off of work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the combination of green and mustard :o]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting. I didn't know anything about "Red Carnation Day". It is a bummer that it came on the weekend & you didn't get a work holiday! In the U.S. most holidays are celebrated on a Friday or a Monday to allow a "work holiday".
    Have a good Sunday! Hope you are inspired on Monday... wear something red! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apparently, I don't handle transitional weather half as gracefully as you do... (I try to layer.)

    PS There's a site called myyogaonline.com. For 9.95 US per month (with easy cancellation at any time) you will have access to hundreds of video classes and other resources (podcasts, articles etc.) at all kinds of different levels / styles of yoga. It's apparently as easy as a click of a button to cancel. I joined this week because I'm so busy and tired that I can only find time to do yoga really late at night (when classes aren't on or when my brain doesn't want to make up my own practice). I've been quite pleased so far.

    It's not optimal for a beginner, but with your foundation, I'm sure it will work for you till your teacher returns...

    Email if you have more questions. Kxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the yellow + green + purple combo. The colors make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderfully inspiring colors....even if you did not feel inspired! I have to confess. I love the yellow!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg you are so fabulous... love the dress and that bag and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally love the first outfit!

    X♥X♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello... it's been a long time since i last dropped by here at your site....
    it's good to know that you are still updated with your latest fashion trends....cool.....

    anyways, keep safe my dear....

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love all the color contrast!

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. The second outfit is beautiful. The yellow and green is such an upper when the weather is not yet cooperating with our mood for sunshine. Here in Michigan, we have the same problem. I've had to perfect my layering technique because I don't have a car and have to wait all the time at bus stops. The weather is cold at first and then warm by the time I have to go home.

    Changes in weather have sparked my obsession with all types of jackets.

    You look great. Kudos and Kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are too fantastic... I mean really, no one wears color better than you!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi darling. hope you have had a good wknd dear.
    I deal with transitional weathe by layering a lot, so incase it gets too warm i take pieces of and if it is cold i have layers to keep me warm.
    i like you hate when holidays fall on weekend days as you dont gain a nice day off.
    hope Hubby is well my dear.
    big hug and warm thoughts,
    Marian.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the yellow dress.
    Yellow for the sun, green for the nature and blue for the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweetie,
    You look just fantastic! Regardless of the trip not being so pleasant, you do look quite different , I would even say refreshed:)
    Yes, the weather in Toronto is pretty bad too. There was a mini tornado here yesterday...very scary, as I was walking on a street with some friends when it happened, but thank God we were able to find somewhere to hide. lol
    Hope you are doing great:)
    xoxo
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the way you have layered these outfits! And I find transitional weather frustrating too ... no matter how I dress, I always seem to get too hot or too cold. Grrr.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your yellow dress, Seeker!

    And I deal with transitional weather the same as you - lots of lightweight layers!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  18. sorry that i haven't commented in a while! i really love the color combo in the first outfit - so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree with Jillian, the colour combination of the first outfit is great :)

    About how I face transitional weather... well, catching a cold!

    ReplyDelete
  20. hey girl! I'm back from holidays :) that went by so quickly. hawaii is so laid back and sunny. Pls tell me about your holiday ok.

    Class is going very well. I'm still loving every second of it and I can't wait to do more stuff to show you guys.

    how do i deal with uninspired between weather days? I wear black...t-shirt and jeans :) I know i'm boring that way!

    xo Grayburn

    ReplyDelete
  21. the yellow/green outfit is one of my favourites on your entire blog.
    the colours really suit you (it's so 7O's; i love it!!)- colourful, playful and fresh... keep posting things like this! i like your outfits best when they are simple, but unique!

    (btw: i'm looking EVERYWHERE for tights like that!! could only find navy blue ones, but not dark green :( this post is making me jealous! hehe)

    love always,
    C

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my humble blog! I read all your comments (even though I don't reply often) with great care. So keep them coming! Love to everyone :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...