Thursday, 7 May 2009

TO – 05/07 – can I call it Boho-chic inspired…?


Boho-chic is a fashion style drawing on various bohemian and hippie influences…

"Boho", an abbreviation of bohemian, style is a 70’s-inspired.
It’s an effortless style that’s all about being free-spirited and independent and is the perfect look for the transition from Winter to Spring and Summer to Autumn.

Think ethnic, earthy and eclectic, a mix of luxurious textures and contrasting, layered fabrics. Loose, unstructured skirts and tunics are often made from natural fabrics like linen and float cotton in organic colours and the best accessories tend to be chunky and made of wood, stone and leather. Preferably all three!

Popular components of this great look are skinny jeans and culottes layered with feminine smock tops and wrap dresses and leather, suede and fur gilets. Tunics worn over long layered skirts or jeans are often loosely belted and topped with vintage jewellery and multi-layered beads.

Accessories are a must... Express yourself with affordable accessories and details! Boho fashion doesn't have to be expensive. Instantly transform a pair of jeans and a white tunic shirt into a boho outfit with a brown leather hobo bag, ethnic embroidered scarf, gold and layered necklace, multiple bangle bracelets, gladiator sandal shoes and so on.
Do wear pieces that create a statement and that people will notice or even comment.

The great news is that nothing needs to match as such. Think relaxed, think individual and enjoy this go-anywhere at any age style!

One of the important things you'll have to remember when it comes to fashion is to always personalize a look to make it more YOU. So adjust boho fashion into your own liking and flair!


purple snake skin shoes - H&M (F/W 2008)
berry skinny pants - H&M (S/S 2009)
black basic shirt (not seen) - Vero Moda (F/W 2007)
bluish gray tunic - Stradivarius (S/S 2009)
navy blue blazer (from a suit) - mainland store (S/S 2003)
purple belt - H&M (S/S 2009)
blue scarf - Stradivarius (S/S 2009)
necklace - Stradivarius (S/S 2009)
cocktail ring - gift from Hubby
bracelet - gift from Hubby (Tie Rack)
lipstick - Esté Lauder
perfume - Amor Amor from Cacharel

42 comments:

  1. Love these pictures! And the style suites you!
    Kisses,
    Sao

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Out of mist:
    A style that thanks to celebrities such as Kate Moss, among others, is the last...
    ... It is a revision of the classic hippie look ... I´d like... is a very feminine style and comfortable ... casually read today an article on this style in Elle magazine (Portugal) of May ...
    Great photos today!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look !Ypu inspired me.
    In the next few days I'll recriate a boho look just for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you mama on your comment about my post.. i think the video is imposing fear to extract faith which is not right.

    Doing something out of fear sometimes doesn't bring any good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your blouse is amazing

    Lovely look :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my favourite style is bohemian/hippie chic! I totally love that tunic!

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it...boho chic is one of my favorite styles and you rock it!

    I love the belt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my oh my oh my... I love this! Everything (including the fantastic backdrop) is working perfectly together!

    And the berrylicious palette was made for you!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, you cann call it that way! Great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. QUe fotos lindas! Nunca tinha ouvido falar de Boho-chic, aprendi aqui! Bjins

    ReplyDelete
  11. Belas cores no look!
    Adorei o lenço!
    Beijo!
    Namastê

    ReplyDelete
  12. of course you can call it boho-chic :) i love it, especially your necklace ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look perfect on that outfit. Love it and necklace too!
    Thanks for stoping by my blog. Sure, we keep in touch.Please stop by anytime.
    Hanh,
    www.life-in-travel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look like a lovely spring Orchid blossom. Beautiful.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. bohochic looks totally great on you! i think it looks easier than it is to pull off, i tried this "casual" look once and ened up looking like i was trying to showcase all the scarves and jewlry i had ever owned (way too much going on if i ever do that again ill rememebr less is more)

    ReplyDelete
  16. One day I will steal all your colored pants :P Though I won't be able to wear them as well as you! The place you take your photos seem really cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your scarf and pants, and really adore the setting for these photos!!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  18. I adore your take on boho-chic. And my gosh those berry-colored pants are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That first photograph is so stunning. Love the composition and colours :) Your scarf and grey tunic are so fantastic, and the colour of those trousers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. PURPLE & BERRY ARE 2 ABSOLUTELY AMAZING COLORS! LOVE THE SHADES!!
    AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look artistic in this hobo-chic...as if you are the artist who did the mosaic art in the back ground... ~XO*

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this - the colour palette is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. how do u find all these amazing colorful tihngs at H&M? i guess im not looking hard enough! i looove prurple.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You look beautiful. Ethereal with an edge.

    Great look!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cute Boho style! Love your scarve!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey my dear, I love your take on boho-ism. It's the grown up version which is a lot more tolerable. I do adore throwing in some boho elements/character....and I like how you've done it too :)

    have a lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete
  27. love the color of the pants, nice scarf!!
    hope your weekend is going well!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the colors! You can never do no wrong :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the scarf and the pants!
    This style fits you amazing, really.
    x Laura
    http://stylecoaching.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Darlingggggg!!!! <3
    How are you sweetie???
    Sorry sorry sorry for my absence but my life goes so fast!!
    Love, i adore those pics! You're wonderful and tha place is delicious and more energetic!
    p.s. For the last time (I promise) i change my url!!! I follow you with my new profile!!!
    Have a great week end!!
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I think these might be my favorite photographs, ever! The tiled background jumps out and slaps you in the face. Plus you're wearing the perfect outfit, so chic, so boho.

    ReplyDelete
  32. loving the grey & purple colour combo, the purple trousers are quite fabulous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. You are just amazing! I love the color. When I look at clothes now, I wonder -- how can I add some great color?

    ReplyDelete
  34. Perdona que no me pase más pero ya sabes como estoy de liado, pero aprovecho para decirte que estas muy elegante y las fotos son preciosas.
    Muchos besos de tu amigo.

    ReplyDelete
  35. love the scarf! great background, btw! =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  36. you hip mama!!! have a wonderful sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Sweetheart. Thanks so much for the kind words. Hope you're having a wonderful day.

    Kudos and Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  38. boho chic is you! and I love the wall as your backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  39. absolutely beautiful! :)love the wall, too! :)

    Summer
    A Writers Den

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my humble blog! I read all your comments (even though I don't reply often) with great care. So keep them coming! Love to everyone :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...