Sunday, 10 May 2009

TO – 05/08 & 05/10 – what's old, what's new, what's right for you…?

For the past few years, a matchy-matchy look felt like a fashion faux pas, but now ensemble dressing is making a comeback.
So are you ready to play the match game? Spring's brights are showing off in bold monochromatic ensembles. Jesse Garza calls the look "a chic and elongating way to dress."
If you think that this season more and more designers have picked up on the trend of jumpsuits, you should agree about this head to toe colour.
In fact, to make the appearance of a one-piece/jumpsuit yourself, wear all one colour. By doing this you are creating a monochromatic look, but be sure to define your waist so as not to get lost in your outfit.
What I absolutely love about the bright colour trend is that it’s forcing people to not hide behind black. I love wearing black, don’t get me wrong, but sometimes it’s nice to be the woman walking down the street who turns heads because she’s fearlessly wearing red, purple, or turquoise.

But whether you want to mix it up or wear one whole look from head to toe, just keep in mind that separates are going to be the big story in fashion. And it all starts with the suit — both skirt and pant sets. This return to classic tailoring allows for versatility, a favourable option for these economic times. While a dress is a one-day outfit, ensembles allow you to mix and match the pieces, and transition items to not only expand your work wardrobe, but also blend these separates into your weekend wear.



The first outfit is from Friday (05/08) and the second is from today (05/10).

Again, I’m sorry for not checking your blogs as often as I would like, but time has not been my strong point.

black to gray shoes - local store
dark gray pants - from my boxes
violet button down blouse - mainland store some time ago
green cardigan - Vero Moda (S/S 2009)
gray belt - Stradivarius (F/W 2008)
gray blazer - Acetato (S/S 2009)
green scarf - gift
necklace - gift from a mainland friend - Parfois (S/S 2009)
cocktail ring - gift from Hubby
bracelet - Bijou Brigitte (S/S 2009)
sunglasses - mainland store
black and green handbag - local store (F/W 2007)
lipstick - Esté Lauder
perfume - Amor Amor from Cacharel

green shoes - mainland store (S/S2008)
yellow skinny jeans - Unite Colors of Benetton (F/W 2008)
navy blue belt - mainland store (S/S 2008)
green shirt - Pautónia (F/W 2008)
navy blue blazer (from a suit) - mainland store (S/S 2003)
white and yellow scarf - gift
watch necklace - DIY
amber cocktail ring - gift from Hubby
bracelet - gift
lipstick - Esté Lauder
perfume - Amor Amor from Cacharel

26 comments:

  1. Both outfits look stunning, but I think I like the first one the best. Those green pumps in the second outfit, however, are fantastic!

    You do color sooooo well!

    Kudos and Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wear green so well! And I can match, when I feel like it, but most of the time I like to be complementary, but with a bit of clash. When I want to be very elegant (for work meeting, let's say) that's when I'm most likely to do matchy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are fearless with color! and you wear it well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this true?I'm the first to comment?!=)lol..
    How was your weekend mama Seeker?
    Oh,i love the yellow and green outfit,nice to see you on yellow pants.So cool.Absolutely queen of fashion..=)Have a great workweek.


    http://www.soloden.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. my sister pretty much her shoes to bags. lucky for her she has lots of both. for me, i don't really do the matchy matchy thing unless i am going to a formal meeting or events.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving the bright spring colors, The silver with the green and purple divine :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. you really have incorporated green in your outfits perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the first combo. J'adore purple and green mixing!

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so fabulous! Both outfits, I can't even decide which one I love the most! Always the best colors!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always admire you wearing those colorful outfits.I like green too.very nature,and so cool..=)

    http://www.solofoodtrip.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there-great outfits my dear, I do love the violet satin blouse, its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Original e perfeita, como sempre! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Que linda!
    Adorei!
    Adoro cores, mas também o preto não me aborrece! Acho elegante!
    Mas as cores sempre me alegram!
    Gostei muito dos looks, mas gostei mais da combinação de 50/10, do que a primeira, de 05/08! A segunda ficou mais jovem!
    Beijo!
    Namastê

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your colors! You seem to be so happy!

    A kiss and a hug friend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't help but love matchy-matchy outfits! Good times for me then, I guess...

    Lovely trousers on your second outfit, I think I should consider yellow a bit more... :)

    Relax dear
    :***

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look so beautiful!

    Sometimes matchy matchy is good. If I go to a client's site the first day I always feel like I can't go wrong with a matching suit. Then I can gauge their style of dress for the next day and decided what to wear.

    On the other hand there is something so pleasurable about just putting pieces together because you love them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the purple and green combo! looking so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love matchy-matchy outfits! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You always have such a good sense to combine colourful clothes !

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dat green cardigan is fab!!!!! loving ur green shoes :o]

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am looking forward to some serious doses of bright colour this season :) I love your yellow trousers!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You really wear such nice colour combinations all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks just great, those colors compliment you.
    Colin.

    ReplyDelete
  24. darling i love that belted cardigan and the heels are gorgeous!
    muah
    Marian.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the greens in these pics! I need some green in my life :)

    x Grayburn

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks just great, those colors compliment you.
    Tea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my humble blog! I read all your comments (even though I don't reply often) with great care. So keep them coming! Love to everyone :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...