Wednesday, 19 August 2009

a black and white summer outfit…. but what about Fall….

To start with I want to thank you all for the great welcome back I received. You’re the best and have the ability to make one feels liked. Thank you so much!!!


Well it’s summer and normally summer means bright colours, don’t you think?
But a black and white outfit sometimes is a good change even for a person like me that is known for always put a bit of colour on the looks.
But if you look closely you can see that it’s not totally black and white… lol… I have my red sunglasses… :)
That’s what I wore yesterday:


black suede fringe t-strap shoes - local store (S/S 2009)
black and white skirt - H&M (S/S 2007)
black tank - Zara
deconstructed white cardigan - local store (S/S 2009)
bracelet - Bijou Brigitte (S/S 2009)
cocktail ring - gift from Hubby
red frames sunglasses - mainland store (S/S2009)
white bag - Bata
lipstick - Esté Lauder
perfume - Amor Amor from Cacharel

I found it interesting that some of you pointed to my lack of dresses and how could be a piece that suits me. Thank you…. Food for thought :)


But all the gossip now is about Fall!!! I’m very excited about Fall… I know we are still with the hit, but…
I’ve been reading some things and I’m delightful with some trends, like the bold shoulders, yeah “power dressing”, the lady like mixed with the rock vibe, the statement necklaces, boots with cropped carrot pants or tucked skinny jeans and what about the belted figure… Oh you know I’m a “belts lady”.
But if you’re not an hour glass figure I think you must not despair, there are also looks that you can wear your belt, more over the hips or even above the waist under the chest. That’s my opinion, but as you know I’m not an expert.
And what about you, have you been thinking already of Fall???


All this talk about Fall made me realize that I’m not a good summer fashionista, what I like is the layering, the combination of various pieces, I think I’m definitely a Fall’s one.


And that’s what I wore today. This top is from the 80’s, we can’t call it a vintage, but I’m sure it’s a retro.


Take care and enjoy your time!



brown sandals - Zara (S/S 2009)
navy blue wide leg pants (from a suit) - mainland store (S/S 2003)
brown belt -Tally Weijl
blue flower printed top - from my boxes (S/S 198?)
turquoise ring - Fantastico (S/S 2009)
sunglasses - Pull and Bear (new collection)
brown fringed bag - Friday's Project (S/S 2009)
lipstick - Esté Lauder
perfume - Amor Amor from Cacharel

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful!

    Amo as estampas florais aqui!!!
    Amiga, sei que não mora em Lisboa, mas você conhece a cidade certo? estou indo para lá nas minhas próximas férias e quero pesquisar preços para possivelmente comprar uma máquina digital nova lá...você conhece alguma boa loja de lá? Agradeço desde já se tiver alguma informação! Pesquisei no Google, mas não encontrei nada...

    Obrigada desde já pela sua amizade!

    Mil beijos,

    Kira

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there-looking lovely as always my dear, black and white always looks chic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the black and white outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the red sun glasses in your black and white outfit! They're really an eye catcher!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those strappy sandals are divine!

    And I'm thinking about nothing BUT fall right now ... can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that floral blouse, darling!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeousss darling, casual elegance!
    love the fringe t-strap shoes...I'm sure they look even better in person. Lovely week for you so far...~Blessings*

    xo*

    ReplyDelete
  8. That blue flroal top is just beautiful on you. Love both these outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look amazing on both outfits. I love your hair. My is growing and growing, haha.
    It's good to have u back, I'll try to post more often too.

    Tons of love my darling ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. you look so fabulous!!! both outfits are just super, but the black and white one is my favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. The black and white speaks to me....and I love the retro top!. For a gal whose strength is not in fashion, I love your blog
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. you ALWAYS look stunning, chic and totally pulled together!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my humble blog! I read all your comments (even though I don't reply often) with great care. So keep them coming! Love to everyone :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...