Tuesday, 8 September 2009

TO - 09/08 - defining an already defined term – vegetarian… and fall forward…

Hello, my dear readers and blogging friends!!! I hope everything is great for all of you!!
Oh I’ve been missing you, but I think things now are becoming more on tracks…

Fortunately Mother is getting better of her breathing problems, and is already breathing without O2 and is recovering. I’m very happy about that as you can imagine.

So I hope I will slowly find more time to blog, moreover Fall is almost here and Fall’s fashion is so intriguing.
I’ve seen some editorials and I’m so into some trends… well taking the risk to disappoint some of you, I must say I’m loving dark colours (that I also can mix with those 80’s neon brights), and those shoulders… and the accessories… Well we’ll have lots of time to talk about that all.

On another note I want to thank everyone that left such nice and kind comments on my last post. As you have guessed by the title those pictures were taken on my vacations. I will post a few more to show you other outfits I wore.

As most of you know, I’m a vegetarian (more precisely an ovo-lacto vegetarian), and I also like to read some forums about vegetarianism.
I read this post and one comment that took my attention was this one that I would like to repost here.

“My issue is with people who eat fish and chicken and call themselves "vegetarian", a term which excludes fish and poultry as well and their derivatives (ex. chicken bouillon, fish sauce in Asian restaurants). Not only is it an ideological issue, it is a practical one. It makes it even more difficult for us "100% vegetarians" to find something to eat in restaurants. I have been to some restaurants advertising themselves as "vegetarian" whose daily menus consisting mostly of dishes with chicken or fish, greatly restricting the choice for "100% vegetarians". I was also told very adamantly by the owner of a Thai restaurant in Montreal where all the "vegetarian" dishes contained fish sauce that dishes containing fish sauce were "vegetarian" and that "vegans" were those who did not eat fish and chicken.”

The problem at this point is that most non-vegetarians, which we (vegetarians) are all responsible for correcting, one person at a time, aren’t used and it makes them certain confusion about how can people just “eat vegetables”. I truly think people are intrigued by another individual practicing vegetarianism, but for themselves their not truly down for the cause.
But it’s important to define the term “vegetarian”, because as it was said it just makes things more difficult…

The weather here has been crazy, lots of humidity (great for the hair... curly hair of course, not mine.. lol) and heat, it seemed we were suffocating, but today the temperature lowered a bit. I hope it will go on as it’s almost officially Fall.

I don’t like much today’s pictures, it was windy and I had to take them inside at my office.
But I was so “fall forward” wearing my new top from the new Fall’s collection of Mango, and I really liked it. I think the pictures do not do it justice.

Oh well, maybe next time…

black suede fringe t-strap shoes - local store (S/S 2009)
magenta skinny pants - H&M (S/S 2009)
black, grey and white printed top - Mango (new collection)
“chandelier” earrings – Stradivarius (new collection)
black bracelet with sparkles - Mango (new collection) - gift from Hubby
cocktail ring - gift from Hubby
white bag - Bata
lipstick - Esté Lauder
perfume - Amor Amor from Cacharel

22 comments:

  1. that's good news for your mother is finally getting better by the day... im so happy for you!!!

    i love the black suede fringe t-strap shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gostei do look!
    Gostei das cores!
    Bom, é realmente difícil encontrar alimentação 100% vegetariana!
    Eu sobreviveria muito bem assim, mas não sou radical. Tenho preferência aos vegetais, mas mesclo a alimentação.
    Que bom que as coisas estão melhores!
    Fico feliz!
    Beijo!
    Namastê

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeker!!! my sweet friend! I love the new top, and those purple pants you have on are awesome! I'm so glad to hear that your mother is getting better, that is such good news. :)
    It will be fall here too very soon and I am so looking forward to it. The summer here as certainly been a hot one this year with more 100 degree days than not. Yes, a scorcher, lol. I'll keep you and yours in my prayers, take care my friend,
    Julian :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those colorful skinny pants! I'm happy to hear your Mom is doing better. But I hope she gets well soon. (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! You made it Mama Seeker! Miss you a lot. And thank god everything is going back in track now. =D Love your printed top. Pretty! =D

    Summer
    A Writers Den
    Brown Mestizo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad your mothers is better.

    You look great today. I love the fresh color of your pants with this fancy shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there friend! A very interesting post about vegetarianism. There are so many vegetarians where I live, I don't hear about this problem too much. But again, I am not a vegetarian so maybe I'm not aware of it.

    I want to thank you for including me on your award list. I was over here the other night and saw it, but didn't have time to comment. Thank you so much. And for your recent visits to my blog.

    Very glad your mother is doing better. Take good care of yourself.

    xo (I loved the photos of your lavender dress on your vacation!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there-thats a fabulous summer to fall outfit, love the tee and the colour of your trousers are just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there-thats a fabulous summer to fall outfit, love the tee and the colour of your trousers are just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm very happy your mother is recovering :) I hope you are also OK now.

    And you're right, your new top is really cute (and I'm not fan of animal prints!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love ur bag! d top's nice too :o]

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look lovely.

    I'm so glad your mother is improving. I'm sure it eases your heart some.

    I think people often don't realize how many fabulous dishes there are for a vegetarian meal when milk products and eggs can be added.

    We love all sorts of pasta dishes and bean dishes and ...well, you know the list could go on and on. I'm also amazed at what my children eat and love as long as I don't label it vegetarian...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That printed top is fantastic, darling! And I love your new profile pic too!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look great & I love the magenta skinny pants. I'm glad the skinny pants are back... I think I look better in those. Have a great day & I'm so glad your mother is getting better... and I'm glad you are back.
    Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just adore this, Seeker! Brights pop even more when paired with black and white prints.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad your mother is better :) I have never really understood people who call themselves vegetarian but are happy to eat fish and chicken. And I know what you mean, I looove colour, but I really am tempted by darker hues. Can't wait to see your darker outfits! Ooh and that printed top is lovely. Hope you're having a beautiful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adoro o top, aliás todo o outfit está óptimo! Realmente, a Mango tem uma colecção lindíssima...
    Beijo!

    ReplyDelete
  18. am so glad your mom is doing well. : )

    ReplyDelete
  19. ^^Me too!

    You look happy and great, Seeker.

    ReplyDelete
  20. a vegetarian friend suffers as well..

    ..you look pretty good, and don't be afraid to wear black, embrace it. You will be surprise to see that black can be your new best friend

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my humble blog! I read all your comments (even though I don't reply often) with great care. So keep them coming! Love to everyone :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...