Wednesday, 23 September 2009

TO - 09/23 - ...it’s officially Fall… fear also has class… with Tim Burton’s Tricks and Treats

September equinox has happened, which means we are, in the Hemisphere North, officially in Fall!
But the weather gods here didn’t receive the memo yet.
Today I decided to wear b&w, no no, not black and white, but blue and white…


Definitely I wasn’t inspired, “au contraire” Harper’s Bazaar October 2009 editorial is pure magical!




To show that fear also has class, the magazine Harper's Bazaar has taken to draw in an editorial full of magic, strange and enchanted forests in no way resembling the fairy tales. Rather it is something sinister and the antithesis of what they embody and other creators like Disney Company.
Tim Burton’s Tricks and Treats is the editorial’s name nothing more appropriate for inspiration and find a costume for Halloween, since Tim Burton's films always have (in my opinion) a “cute” dark side.
Much black in their clothing, dotted with splashes of red and the odd skeleton and a girlfriend. Nineteenth-century women dressed darkly, many satin, lace gloves and shorts.
Edward Scissorhands, Corpse Bride and even The Nightmare Before Christmas , they are all in this photo shoot incredibly sinister and very fashion. The reason: the October issue, more than ever Halloween-ly

blue shoes - Stradivarius
navy blue leggings - Calzedonia
blue navy skirt - was mother's
blue belt - mainland store
white tank - Zara
blue and white polka dot sheer blouse - local store
white bag - Bata
bracelet - gift from Hubby (Tie Rack)
bracelet - gift from Hubby
red stone cocktail ring - Bijou Brigitte (S/S 2009)
earrings - Bijou Brigitte (S/S 2009)
sunglasses -Pull and Bear (new collection)
lipstick - Esté Lauder
perfume - Amor Amor from Cacharel

24 comments:

  1. Hey gorgeous!

    Your blouse is perfect... I might come steal it! lol-xxx
    And ohmygod, Harper’s Bazaar editorial is killing me. Nothing short of spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your look! It suites you real well...
    Harper's Bazaar is getting the inspiration from Edward Scissor Hands and Sleepy Hollow...I just love it, totally my type.
    Kisses

    Sao

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dear, how are you ?Hope things are well on your side of the Ocean.
    Nice B&W.
    Love the leggings with the outfit.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blouse too - such a gorgeous colour and I am always fond of polka dot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are beautiful. An amazing woman. I like your outfit.

    Solo
    Travel and Living
    Job Hunt Pinoy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely outfit, the blouse makes it perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nossa, amei!
    Perfect!
    Ficou linda!
    O editorial, magic, como você bem disse!
    Aqui, começa a primavera e, com ela, as chuvas!
    Gosto mais do inverno!
    Mas tudo tem sua beleza!
    Beijo!
    Blessings
    Namastê

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorei este editorial! Magnífico! E o outfit está perfeito, adoro a saia com as leggings e a blusa é linda. Bjo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adore Tim Burton, he's genius. And his style is do distinctive. Love that eccentric glam thing he's got going on.

    Amen to this inspired shoot as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your blouse :). It is really pretty and perfect with the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look fab in polka dots! I want your bag ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Harper's editorial was so amazing! I am loving your polka dot blouse and those shoes look fabulous. Hope you're having a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so in love with the editorial-Tim Burton is beyond amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your outfot, darling, especially that fabulous blouse!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there-a lovely outfit, the polka dot blouse is just so stylish and a very versatile piece too!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i absolutely love your blouse! it is just perfect!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Polka dot blouse = I want it!! :) Nice blog, dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved this editorial...I was so excited to open my Bazar and find it staring back at me...if I had my life to live over I might have become a creative director for photo shoots...I have a feeling you might like my blog...I would love for you to come and visit...

    ReplyDelete
  19. love ur blouse and d whole skirt over leggings look :o]

    ReplyDelete
  20. The Harper's editorial is so whimsical...great inspiration!
    You look gorgeousss...
    xo*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my humble blog! I read all your comments (even though I don't reply often) with great care. So keep them coming! Love to everyone :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...