Thursday, 5 November 2009

TO – 11/04 & 11/05 - ...the weather is still so warm, could this be Saint Martin's Summer?... expect a different post on the weekend…

We are already on November and the weather is still so warm. Could this be Saint Martin's Summer?

Are you asking what’s Saint Martin's Summer?
Well, in Portugal, where the saint's day is celebrated across the country, according to the most prevalent variation of the cloak story, Saint Martin cut off half of his cloak in order to offer it to a beggar and along the way he gave the remaining part to a second beggar.
As he faced a long ride in a freezing weather, the dark clouds cleared away and the sun shone so intensely that the frost melted away. As this evolution was extremely odd for the time of the year (early November), it is credited to God's intervention.
The phenomena of a sunny break to the chilly weather on Saint Martin's Day (11 November), which curiously enough still occurs today is called "Verão de São Martinho" (Saint Martin's Summer) in honour of the cloak legend.

11/04 - let's have some colour...



black ankle boots - local store
magenta skinny pants - H&M
white striped shirt - Zara
olive green cardigan - H&M (new collection)
black belt - Mango
wrist watch - gift from Hubby
black bracelet - Bijou Brigi
cocktail ring - gift from Hubby
necklace - gift from my friend T.
sunglasses -Pull and Bear (new collection)
purple hues bag - Rafthi
lipstick - Esté Lauder
perfume - Amor Amor from Cacharel






11/05 - on the wild side...

Today I went to cut a bit of my hair, hmmm…. but I’m not very pleased with it, or maybe it’s because of my “I went to bed after 5 am last night (or should I say this morning)” face.

I’m expecting to have a different post on the weekend, so… be alert.



black varnish Mary Janes shoes - H&M
beige cropped pants - H&M
teal ruffled neck blouse – C&A Clockhouse
animal printed cardigan - Mango (new collection)
two laps black studed belt - Parfois (new collection)
bracelet (on right) - gift
black bracelet - Bijou Brigitte
bracelet - gift from Hubby (Tie Rack)
cocktail ring - gift from Hubby
turquoise ring - Fantastico
“chandelier” earrings – Stradivarius (new collection)
sunglasses -Pull and Bear (new collection)
purple hues bag - Rafthi
lipstick - Esté Lauder
perfume - Amor Amor from Cacharel

21 comments:

  1. Colors are great! And the way you mixed it, i like it. =D

    Summer
    A Writers Den
    Brown Mestizo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I am loving the ruffled neck blouse. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adoro este segundo outfit (embora o primeiro também esteja muito bem). Desde as calças, à blusa e ao cardigan, que é lindo!
    Que sorte, tempo bom, aqui está péssimo! Aquela chuva miudinha, chaata, nevoeiro e frio...
    Beijinho!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I REALLY like that animal print cardigan over the teal ruffles!

    I won't ask why you got to bed so late....Will look forward to seeing your weekend post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore the new hair! I'm sure you'll love it too, once you've gotten used to it.

    Here in the States, we call it "Indian Summer," though I couldn't say why ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. my fave is the first gray cardi!

    X♥X♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the colorful skinny pants :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy friday to you!

    I love your combination of the animal printed cardigan and this wonderful teal color top!!!... ah yes... not forget to mention your fab belt!!!

    Enjoy your weekend with lots of sunny and relaxing moments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look fabulous in both outfits! Love the pop of color in the first look and the animal print cardigan!

    xo, Becs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you enjoyed Saint Martins day, I love both outfits, particularly the leopardprint cardi, it really looks lovely whatever you wear with it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorei a cor da calça purple!
    E amei a blusa animal print!
    Blessings!
    Beijo!
    Namastê

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't decide which I like better on you: teal or magenta! Maybe I just like both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the bright colored pants! You look great wearing them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice panthel pattern for your top.. gorgeous..

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh i love these! u are a walking piece of art :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. i adore those magenta pants!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. darling Seeker,
    hope you are well honey.
    Love the teal ruffles beneath the animal print cardigan,its the perfect touch,
    xx
    marian

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the places where you have been taking your pics. I love the first combo of colors..I'll copy it, haha.
    ons of love

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the place where you're taking your pics. The color combo is so cool. I hope yoo're feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my humble blog! I read all your comments (even though I don't reply often) with great care. So keep them coming! Love to everyone :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...