Saturday, 14 November 2009

TO – 11/11 & 11/12 – what’s going to happen to Luella brand? …. different vibes looks…

Apologies for the erratic posting and the sporadic visits, I’ve been busy and with some dead lines.
Moreover I had an asthma attack that made me feel very uncomfortable. I went to the doctor and yes I’m already doing my treatment. I’m feeling a lot better, despite not all well.


So how did this Friday 13th go for you? Hope great…. :)

But besides Lady Gaga wearing Alexander McQueen’s shoes, another buzz on the blogosphere that made the world gone crazy was the fact that Luella lost her backing on Tuesday.
There's a #saveluella campaign going strong on Twitter, even Alexa Chung, and a Save Luella group on Facebook (I didn’t check it).
However the only way to really save Luella, and who knows if it'll even work, is to buy Luella, I guess.
Prices get lower and lower on Luella.com. Maybe she is telling investors she is going to reposition her designs at a lower price point, but could this encourage investors to look positively at this brand?


On another note, layering is the best choice to an unstable weather, you can start one way and finish another as it happened to me last Wednesday.




brown booties - Zara (new collection)
brown leggings - Calzedonia
brown skirt - local store
burgundy cardigan as a shirt - Vero Moda
animal print scarf - H&M
beige blazer - Acetato
honey pleather vest - Berska (new collection)
bracelet - gift
amber cocktail ring - gift from Hubby
sunglasses -Pull and Bear (new collection)
purple hues bag - Rafthi
lipstick - Esté Lauder
perfume - Amor Amor from Cacharel








Thursday I had a more corporate vibes look.





black oxford shoes - from mainland through a local store
gray carrot pants - H&M
yellow belt - local store
white embroidered shirt - El Corte Ingles
purple coat - H&M
floral printed scarf - Berska (new collection)
bracelet - gift from Hubby (Tie Rack)
red bracelet - gift from Hubby
rubi brooch - gift from Hubby
red stone cocktail ring - Bijou Brigitte
black cocktail ring - gift from Hubby
earrings - Bijou Brigitte
sunglasses -Pull and Bear (new collection)
purple hues bag - Rafthi
lipstick - Esté Lauder
perfume - Amor Amor from Cacharel



I will try to get in touch with you more often and hope you’ll all have a great weekend!!!!

26 comments:

  1. Happy weekend to youu!

    Oh, I´m so sorry to hear about your asthma!! Hope you are doing fine!!
    Your flower printed scarf looks simply great with your purple jacket and the eyecatching yellow belt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both looks are really great :)... I still love the vest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you are receiving treatment for your asthma. As a fellow asthmatic, I understand how panic-inducing asthma attacks can be. Please take care of yourself.

    What a great-looking vest! And the yellow belt, what a clever way to add color to that outfit! The blazer fits you very well, Seeker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amiga, espero que você fique bem em todos os sentidos!
    Adorei os looks!
    O sapato marrom é lindo e ficou ótimo com o colete!
    Blessings
    Namastê
    Beijo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great outfits as always and so sorry you had an asthmatic attack not very nice at all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a fab weekend hun. I adore (as always!) the wonderful way you do corporate, it inspires me every time I come over to your blog. Its a shame to hear about Luella....hmmm. Tis a sad state of affairs.

    Have a wonderful week....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello. So how's your weekend been? I hope you've been having a good one. Mine's been full of rest and relaxation. I've watched a few movies. I always enjoy stopping by and commenting on your blog. Take care. Have a great week ahead. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a great look on you! Both of the looks are fantastic. I like layering as well, and have become quite good at it due to frequent changes in weather here in the states, particularly in Michigan. The joke here is if you want the weather to change, just wait a few minutes...hahaha!

    Hope your weekend was good, glad you're feeling better. I've had asthma attacks in the past, and I know how terrible that can be.

    Take care of yourself, love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you are feeling better :) That honey vest is so gorgeous, and I am loving that animal print scarf. Ooh and the pops of yellow and red in that second outfit are amazing. Hope you're having a beautiful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear about the asthma and hope the treatment goes well! Love both these looks... the vest is terrific and I'm really liking the color combination of the second outfit!

    I was quite sad to hear about Luella, even though many knew something was up when they launched that huge sample sale in London recently to get rid of most of the stock (I was in completel denial though). Hopefully they'll find a way to finance the label in the future. Great blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi my sweet friend!

    How are you?? I hope you feel better very soon...

    my Friday the 13th was filled with unexpected events...

    I have something for you: click here to get your award...

    See you soon,

    Jesse

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so cool n_n

    layering is the best way to confront these unsteady weathers, I so agree

    I hope things are fine.
    Tons of love. Speaking of love, I love your scarves

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you'll get better with the treatment...I have family members with asthma as well...certainly can be controlled with the right treatment. Love the yellow belt darling...I'm into grey with pop of colors in the accessories lately...
    BIG xo as always!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Did you know that you are featured at Soloden.com?
    Love, love, love every single one of your outfits...there is so much details going on, I can stare for 5 mins at your picture:)

    xoxo
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there-sorry to hear about your health, wishing you a speedy recovery. Love your outfits, you layer up so well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi how are u how was ur sunday i think u enjoy alot,
    i ma very happy to see ur comment i will always be in touch

    i like people like u

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you are feeling better.Deadlines can make one feel stressed out and that's not good for people with asthma.Hope everything is calmer now.
    Love your layering and the outfits in general.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet looks, darling!
    Love that purple blazer!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  19. Now THAT is what I call layering! And I like it! A "pleather" vest? That's a new term for me.

    I, too, am sorry to hear of your asthma troubles. Hopefully you have found relief and the bouts will be infrequent and well-controlled.

    ReplyDelete
  20. an asthma attack?!?!? a c k! i hope you are going to be ok, and i really hope you feel all better soon!

    and i LOVE your wednesday look! PERFECTO!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the layering pics. Very cool vest!
    I hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  22. onfriday the 13th, i lost a dear friend...
    you look nice dear! i'm still so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  23. i love all of the elements in both of these outfits! so much color and texture!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my humble blog! I read all your comments (even though I don't reply often) with great care. So keep them coming! Love to everyone :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...