Tuesday, 19 January 2010

the day I was the “Birthday Girl”…

The day started, not too early, with Hubby’s Birthday wishes.
I stayed for a while in the upstairs’ living room, with a cup of coffee (I miss those cups, Ricardo) procrastinating, walking around and peeking in my sister’s laptop, at the same time as people downstairs yelled at me asking what I wanted for breakfast.


I went downstairs and they were almost lined up, starting to sing “Happy Birthday to You”.
Lots of smiles, hugs and kisses and of course me being tearful.







I think breakfast had everything one can ask for… and I asked for pancakes with maple syrup, sunny side up… well it had to be vegetarian for me, so I didn’t eat the bacon.



After that we went to see The Jersey Boys a musical show based on the lives of one of the most successful 1960s rock 'n roll groups, the Four Seasons.














I just loved it!!!! It was a tremendous show and all of the performers were brilliant. Its pretty non stop so you don't get much of a chance between one great song and the next to take it all in.
Everything you may have heard about the show is true - it's spectacular, enlivening, and by far and away the best way I can think of to spend just under three hours.

Highlights for me were when Frankie sang “My Eyes Adore You”, “Can't Take My Eyes Off You” and the great TV studio sequences.



Then we went dinner at Milestones, where one can relax and have diner in a semi-casual and stylish environment while enjoying meals inspired from around the world and of course vegetarian, which allowed me to eat the “Fresh Spinach and Tomato Capellini”.



The cake and champagne were waiting for us at home,


where surprise of surprises Hubby presented me with a jewel, a gold necklace with three sapphires, so beautiful and chic. Timeless.





And as they were taking me so many pictures I felt like a star with many paparazzi flashes on me.






I have no words to describe you all the emotions and feelings that crossed my heart.

It was the greatest way to spend a birthday and I want to thank my Sister, her Family and Hubby for all they have given me.

Lots of Love...








Oh and the Birthday Outfit… I haven’t a “proper” picture of it, but you can have a glance here (I was freezing without my coat).

black suede boots - local store
purple tights - Calzedonia
black lace dress - Mango (detail)
purple covered with black lace belt - Tally Weijl
Chanel vibes jacket - H&M (Yorkdale - Toronto) (new collection)
pearl necklaces - mainland store
black stone cocktail ring - gift from Hubby
cocktail ring - Parfois
bracelet - gift from Hubby (Tie Rack)
purple bangle - local store
sunglasses -Pull and Bear
make-up - Esté Lauder
perfume - Paris from YSL


22 comments:

  1. I've never seen you look more relaxed and beautiful than in the casual pictures in this post! Genuine pleasure and happiness are better than the most expensive makeup or carefully planed wardrobe, it would seem. I'm SO happy for you, my friend. And the necklace - jewels for a Jewel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous in that birthday outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awh... that's so sweet of them... you look radiant by the way... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! more happiness and good health to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a little bit jealous... looks like you had a great birthday :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated, beautiful fellow Capricorn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooooooo cool!

    So great that you had a heppy birthday indeed..tons of love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself. You look like you were having a blast! Love the outfit with the beautiful suede boots! Yowza!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah... you look so happy my dear! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you had a good birthday - Im so jealous that you went to see Jersey Boys; I really want to see it!! =]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday!
    You look great and that cake looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oi minha querida, parabéns pelo niver, desejo o melhor do melhor pra vc. Obrigada pela gentileza do seu comment. Eu estou bem (por dentro)na medida do possível, pois tenho tido perdas e problemas de saúde em família desesperadores, mas procuro compreender o porquê de tudo isso estar acontecendo e manter minha mente firme no positivismo, nas boas palavras, ações e pensamentos e DEus tem me ajudado muito nessa missão, que na verdade depende muito mais de mim,porque com certeza ele quer o melhor pros seus filhos.
    Obrigada pelo carinho de sempre.
    Bjobjo no coração;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A gorgeous birthday girl and a beautiful celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. darling happy birthday my love! what a wonderful images! i love what you were wearing and all the images.Right from the yummy pancakes at breakfast, to the jersey boys show to the champagne and cake at home after dinner! how fabulous darling. You looked so happy and relaxed in the images!
    big kisses and wishing you many more fab and happy days like this!
    kisses
    xx
    marian.

    ReplyDelete
  14. happy birthday, gorgeous! you look so beautiful and so happy! live it up! celebrate as long as you can! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. By the way, use GSM blocker to block all spy transmitters in your home or at work.

    ReplyDelete
  16. howcome you look so beautiful without shades? Your eyes are sparkling! :D Love you hot momma seeker! mwah!

    Jules
    Soloden.Com
    Travel and Living

    ReplyDelete
  17. forgot to say happy birthday! :D we love you momma seeker :)

    Jules
    Soloden.Com
    Travel and Living

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi there-what a wonderful and Happy day, so pleased you had such a great time!! Gorgeous gifts too and you look as stylish as ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aww, Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like you had such a wonderful time! I think my parents have seen the Jersey Boys too :) And sapphires- lucky gal!! And you look radiant in your chic outfit! xo, Mel

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy (late) birthday you pancake-birthdaygirl!!! :D

    Hope you enjoyed it!!

    xxx
    La fille

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Belated Birthday. It sounds like a wonderful celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  22. parabéns!!
    voce está linda!
    bjs
    tainah*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my humble blog! I read all your comments (even though I don't reply often) with great care. So keep them coming! Love to everyone :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...