Thursday, 17 June 2010

mix = a blend of diverse elements; an amalgamation…

One of the Spring Season's biggest trends is mixing and matching prints. We’ve seen it on runways of different designers’ collections.
But I’ve to confess my weakness, I tend to find Belgian designer Dries van Noten, who featured plenty of colourful and eclectic looks in his Spring/Summer 2010 collection, always intriguing.

Dries van Noten
S/S 2010

I don’t need (or want) to sport every fashion trend every season. But I have a trendy fashion persona and I do like to sport the trends that tickle my fancy, especially if they’re a little more daring and controversial.
However for now all I can do is this, mixing stripes with polka dots and small flowers in the same colour palette…

But if you want to see more patterns mixing, check out Audi’s blog. Audi really has fun mixing patterns. I love her outfits!

black oxford shoes - from mainland through a local store
gray tights - Calzedonia
black skirt with white polka dots - local store
gray belt -Stradivarius
white with black stripes shirt - H&M
gray cardigan - H&M
gray floral printed scarf - Berska
sunglasses -Pull and Bear
bracelet - gift from Hubby (Tie Rack)
perfume - Paris from YSL
lipstick - none

12 comments:

  1. Good Morning my friend, Great look you have put together! HHL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do SO admire people who can mix patterns so (seemingly) effortlessly. I LOVE the concept and the look when others do it, but always worry about my own attempts.

    You've taken a step in the right direction here and look just fine!

    (Right now, most of my patterns are on the tins I collect!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola amiga este mensaje es para saludarte y decirte también que te veo preciosa con este look.
    Besos de tu amigo

    ReplyDelete
  4. you still got it!!

    I'm so proud Dries van Noten is a belgian too, like me :)
    LOVE his collections!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the mention! I love this outfit -- the full skirt really creates a nice shape, and I adore stripes with polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love Dries Van Noten...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lookin Great darling!
    I adore how you add the graphic element in the stripes~ Fab!!
    xo & blessings to you beautiful*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Matching prints is quite tricky but once u've mastered it ur good to go....cool outfit btw...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do admire Dries' ability to mix patterns so well. I always go back to the collections for inspiration, although I'm a little too shy to actually be as bold!

    Love your look here - understated, but still fun with the patterns!

    (Be sure to drop by and enter to win a Wendy Mink Jewelry necklace - retail value: $175!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do SO admire people who can mix patterns so (seemingly) effortlessly. I LOVE the concept and the look when others do it, but always worry about my own attempts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my humble blog! I read all your comments (even though I don't reply often) with great care. So keep them coming! Love to everyone :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...