Wednesday, 2 June 2010

the return of the Long Dress!



The hemlines have dropped for SS10 and the obligatory maxi dress is here to stay. Celebrities including Kate Moss, Nicole Richie and Alexa Chung are already wearing the must have silhou­ette of the season.







Channelling the hottest trend for Spring Summer, Swed­ish brand Smooph revives the Long dress with an airy tribal inspired print. Bold layers of draped silk interplays with vintage style crochet panelling.

Taira Dress

As well you can find some nice and cute long dresses on Westrags as the ones I chose here and on a budget... ;-)


Natacha Dress Ariela Dress

Maxi dresses are set to be around for a while too - as they were spotted in the AW10 catwalk shows! Team with gladiators in the summer or add some boots and a chunky knit in the winter to see you through all seasons.

7 comments:

  1. Yepp, but I'm too small for this mode. :S

    By the way great selection, darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah long flowy dresses and summer just seem to go together.

    Love! Love! these dresses - and on a budget, you say, must go check out westrags. Hope all is well in your corner of the world :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i do like maxi dresses. I guess now the economy is bad, hem length drops with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have always dreamed of wearing those kind of clothes, the only thing thats been preventing me is my height, too small for long dresses... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a long dress. Wondering about the heights of the people who feel they are too small. I'm 5'4". It's important to have the dress fit well...more petite people shouldn't be in a billowing tent but I think anyone can wear a dress that follows the body more. After all, everyone can wear a long evening gown.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These dresses are beautiful. I've always loved maxi dresses but because of my height (I'm only 5'4), I think I look better in shorter dresses. Still, I think I'm going to have to spring for at least two of these this summer.

    Hope you are doing well, my dear. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosto muito de vestidos longos!
    Acho super elegantes!
    Beijo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my humble blog! I read all your comments (even though I don't reply often) with great care. So keep them coming! Love to everyone :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...