Saturday, 19 June 2010

up or down… down or up… buttoned blouses…

Don’t let this sunshine fool you that we’ve a great weather, because it is so instable that I’m still wearing two layers and a jacket if needed. Last year, by this time I think we were already wearing short sleeves and sandals.

But I started this post thinking about talking of buttoned blouses, since I’m wearing one in this outfit.
Buttoned blouses seem to be a trend this season, especially a silky or semi-shear shirt.
Well for me they’re something common given that they are staples in my everyday wardrobe, a staple of business attire.
This nine-to-five staple definitely got a dose of cool on the spring 2010 runways, designers layered them, belted them, adorned them with jewels, and gave this geek-chic trend a sophisticated edge.
And I love them! If you combine them with the right accessories and wear these blouses in different styles, then you will be able to create new fashion with these.
Now I’m dreaming with the oversized silhouette, otherwise known as the shirtdress.


By the way, another piece from my wish list, the Madalyn Necklace


Today the city is dressing its best’s clothes to start living the biggest festivities of the year, the Sanjoaninas, which are the Saint John’s Festival that ends next Sunday 27th.
This year for personal reasons I’m not going to participate, but for those who will… Happy Festivities!!!






black and white shoes - Pimkie
black pants - Vero Moda
white button up shirt – local store
floral printed blue cardigan – Stradivarius
"turquoise" necklace - Westrags
sunglasses -Pull and Bear
blue handbag - Westrags

19 comments:

  1. You look so good! I miss you a lot!
    Kisses,

    Sao

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fabulous as per usual. I love button down shirts and blouses, especially white ones. I would have a hundred of them if I had my way.

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for the kind comments on the new work. I hope to have much more for you to see this summer.

    Have a great evening, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every year I tend to buy a new classic white shirt~ luv it! You look fabuloussss...
    xo & blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. darling congrats on thew new design of the site dear. Thank you for your lovely comments and support. I like this cardigan, it is so summery with the floral.
    Hope you and the hubby are well.
    xoxo
    Marian.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where are you from? Azores? Which island?

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. i absolutely love your shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes what is it with the weather! You look lovely as ever xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Holidays Seeker :)
    Hope you're fine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi gorgeous!
    I love button down shirts and you make them look very fashionable.
    I tried the tunic shirt and quite liked it during spring time . HAve to give it another go during summer.
    Hope you and your family are good, we're doing good, thank you.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely look, darling!

    Hope you have a great week too!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  11. you wear it well, for sure!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love d pants...u always have d most amazing cardi's

    ReplyDelete
  13. wishing you a fabulous day sweetie, i am glad you are slowly getting better
    xoxo
    marian.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the cardigan, it's so beautiful with the print!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think this is a very good look for you. I like the way you leave the top button(s) unbuttoned...a casual and confident look, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my humble blog! I read all your comments (even though I don't reply often) with great care. So keep them coming! Love to everyone :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...