Saturday, 25 December 2010

a nostalgic Christmas morning......

(Picture found on the Internet)

It is Christmas morning. The house is so quite.
Faced with the glorious colors and smells of the season, I find myself immersed in a continual outpouring of memories from the past.
I used to love Christmas because I was a kid. A little girl who loved sitting around the Christmas tree and stare at the big Nativity Scene my mother used to make.
As a child, I wrote my letters not to Santa, but to Little Boy Jesus, and my parents used to hide my older sister and my Christmas presents, to put them on the shoes we would place at the chimney, on Christmas Eve.
And we would wake up early on Christmas morning and open all of our presents. And we would be so happy. And all was right with the world.
And though sometimes I still consider myself a child, that feeling is gone. And I miss it so much.
Christmas is not about killing ourselves in the effort to create the perfect holiday. It is not about buying the best gifts, or having the most ornately decorated house in town. Christmas is the time for us to remember the warmth we felt having our families together and happy.
Life is sure to take us places we would much rather not go, and time is bound to move us far away from those we have loved. It is the recollections of the time we spent together that will ease the distance, and fill the void of those missing faces now.
Hang on tightly to those moments calling out to you from years gone by; they are the stuff Christmas is made of.

But nostalgia will go away… and I’ll enjoy this Christmas Day as much as I can with my present family.

11 comments:

  1. Merry Xmas, Seeker! I hope you are having a wonderful time in TO so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a thoughtful post, Seeker. I pray you are staying warm and enjoying your sister's company. You have become special to me via your blog. I wish you a peaceful holiday, safe travel, good health, and happy times this week and in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olá concordo ctg,tnh tanta sddx kd tinha mais família cá e a casa estava xeia e havia akela ansiedade de decidir onde passar o Natal,kem vai para a casa d kem..mas mm assim a pouca k tenho cá já me contenta :D
    FELIZ NATAL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas to you and yours! Have a very merry weekend filled with love, happiness and laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas! Such a well written Christmas post darling! Loving the very same sentiments~
    Love & Blessings always darrrrling!

    xo*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Obrigada pelo carinho querida, que seu Natal tenha sido divino e que 2011 seja de muita saúde e sabedoria, com esses dois ingredientes o resto a gente corre atrás.
    BjoBjo;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi my dear-seasons greetings to you and hope you had a wonderful Christmas, a lovely post too xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you are enjoying the Holiday with your family.

    Lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you had a beautiful Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Natal sempre vem com um tom nostálgico realmente.
    Mas não devemos nos deixar abalar.
    Feliz Ano Novo, amiga!!!
    Beijo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful article. Your warm memories of Christmas as a child made me recall my own. Lovely and well put recollections. Following you now.

    Thank you for the warm comment on my illustration blog. You may definitely repost the capricorn illustration on your wonderful blog. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my humble blog! I read all your comments (even though I don't reply often) with great care. So keep them coming! Love to everyone :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...