Sunday, 13 March 2011

some Friday pictures....

OMG this has been such a cold weekend!!! Not usual in the Island in that time of the year, we have had maximum temperatures of 13º C, meaning lots of layers even indoors, because our houses are not prepared.
I hope Spring will come soon and with it some mood for the bright colours we have seen on the catwalks be seen on the streets.


This is my new necklace. I love it!!!
It was a recent gift from Hubby… well I had seen it and told how enchanted I was with it. Since Hubby knows I’m a “scrimpy” when it comes to buy some things to me and that I’m very worried with this crisis we are facing in our country, he knew I wasn’t going to buy it.
It was so sweet of him and a very nice surprise!!!


Today I read this article on IFB about Unprofessional Blogging by Vyqué White of Fasshonaburu which I recommend because has some great insights about the monster that is Blogger Guilt (something that has consumed me recently much).

The catastrophe that is happening in Japan with earthquakes and the tsunami make us feel a bit upset because our Islands are located in a disturbed place with quakes, so we feel related to what’s happening there.
Islanders know that at any time it could happen, but it always take us by surprise, and thinking if a big one is coming.
Japan is in our prayers and thoughts!

I took these pictures on Friday, of course I took of my heavy coat just for the shoots.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

brown booties - Zara
green kaki pants - C&A
brown turtleneck - La Redoute
printed tunic - Mango
brown belt - C&A
necklace - Parfois (gift from Hubby)
brown bag - Parfois
cat eyes sunnies - Mango (on-line)

17 comments:

  1. Oh you look so pretty. That necklace is gorgeous ~Stay warm ~Love Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am following you (suelee1998) from the blog hop, you have a great site. Would you please follow me back? http://susansdisneyfamily.blogspot.com/
    thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look debonair. Love your necklace, outfit, poses, everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The necklace is stunning, and you look totally beautiful.

    Hope you guys stay safe on your little island, man is so insignificant compared to God and nature. What happened in Japan should be a lesson to all of us. Any kind of tragedy can hit us at any time.

    Thanks for the kind words on my last post, the words in that post brought a tear to my eyes. I guess we are all guilty of that mistake.

    Have a blessed week Fernanda.

    Colin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there-what a gorgeous outfit, I love the different shades of brown and the scenery is just wonderful! Have a good week ahead xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Os tons são lindos e o cenário completa tudo! Fotos lindas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. olá!!
    Realmente tem estado muito frio.
    Obrigada pelas tuas palavras :)
    Essa mala é um mimo :P
    bjs e aproveita a semana.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi darling!
    Love that tunic!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look great and that necklace is so pretty!

    Hope all is well with you!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pics!
    Awesome blog.
    I'm your new follower on GFC :-)
    You can reach me at:
    http://rominagarciamartyrhood.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful outfit as ever and a lovely present from your husband and I will read that post your recommended xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! Thanks for visiting me at Jewelry4Change. I'm following you back. :)
    I read the article about Unprofessional Blogging... very interesting. Thanks for sharing the link.

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your necklace, and your outfit!

    i can think of little else lately besides the tragedy in japan. and coastal living can be so wonderful, but times like this remind us of how vulnerable that it makes us feel. :[

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the pastel shirt, will definitely check out the read!

    xoxo
    Stella

    http://www.jadore-fashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. The necklace is fantastic! Doesn't your husband understand your style!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The necklace is beautiful and should remind you of all that is good and beautiful in the world (which is easy to forget in light of the tragedies of Japan and Christ's Church, etc.)

    Your location is ALSO very beautiful. It makes me eager for things to "green up" and blossom here in northeast Indiana, USA.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my humble blog! I read all your comments (even though I don't reply often) with great care. So keep them coming! Love to everyone :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...