Wednesday, 13 November 2013

falling for plaid..... the tartan pants.....

Computers and the Internet were supposed to make life easier; instead, people are busier than ever.
Overworked overachievers suffer from a worrying sense of anxiety.
We mess our minds with vague promises about what we should do, what we could do. But there is always more to do than there is time to do it.
But most of the stress that people feel comes from not keeping agreements they've made with themselves.
When we tell ourselves we have to do something and then don't do it, we experience self-doubt and frustration. We can fool all of the people some of the time, but we can't fool ourselves for a second.
There's usually an inverse relationship between how much something is on our mind and how much we're actually doing about it.
We are our own perfect victims and enemies.

 photo tartanpants_zpsc58d28a7.jpg

When we came back home from our trip to Paris, last September, we had to stop for a night in Lisbon. Luckily I had some time to go to do some shopping.
One of the pieces I bought then was these tartan pants. Despite I know they weren’t the best for my body shape, I wanted so much some tartan pants, because tartan is back in a big way this season.
So when I saw these pants with just a subtle pattern (not screaming and calling for attention), I knew I had to give them a try.
In the end I like them very much and I think it’s a way for me to wear the trend without compromising much the look.
I also like this top a lot. I’m a big fan of lace, another trend, and the details of lace it has, combined with its colour (for the ones who just know me recently, I’m a big fan of colour), makes it a winner.
The pictures were taken in my office building (a palace) garden, last Monday.

 photo tartanpants2_zps7df0fe84.jpg

 photo tartanpants3_zps57a23572.jpg

 photo tartanpants4_zps98f287d1.jpg photo tartanpants5_zpsaa721d60.jpg

black booties - Seaside
tartan pants - H&M
mustard top - local store
green blazer - Najma
necklace - mainland store




I´m linking up with My Thrifty Chic´s Love It, Link It, Shanna’s Random Wednesdays, Style Elixir´s Style Sessions and Long Distance Loving’s Friday’s Fancies.
This post is also submitted to the IFB Blazer Project.

6 comments:

  1. loving the look and the mustard top works amazing .. great boots!! hugs, C. (HHL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outfit... you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific. You have even incorporated another trend: wearing the jacket over your shoulders.
    This combination is lovely. What a good choice you have made. And there is nothing wrong with your body shape and these trousers.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
  4. Es muy bonito este lokk, cada día más guapa.
    Saludos de tu amigo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As you know I am huge fan of plaid!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an excellent combination from top to toe!
    It would be fashion magazine worthy if you did not upturn those sleeves as that does take away from the total slimming line and the color match. Just my opinion with my fashion design eye...
    Compliments and even the background with that golden edge to the wall blends in perfect.
    Hugs and happy new week!
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my humble blog! I read all your comments (even though I don't reply often) with great care. So keep them coming! Love to everyone :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...