Sunday, 8 December 2013

Très Chic Style Bits #7 | pleather pants and pearls......

Once again time for our Link Up Party “Très Chic Style Bits”.
I want to publicly give thanks to two sweet and lovely ladies, Celia from Living My High Heeled Life and Jan from Fort Smith Stylista, for all the support they have been giving me about the Linky and for the encouragement to not give up.
At the bottom of this post is the button you must click to had your link.


We have been under such a bad weather, (photos above were taken during the week by some FB friends) with lots of wind and rain, that it was impossible to me to take some photos outdoors, all the week. And we haven’t any forecasts when it will stop. Storms in the Island can be tough.

 photo pleatherpants3_zps770e2a5e.jpg

Despite I started this blog with indoors pictures, I’m not very fond of them. The lights, the brightness, the shadows….. there are some factors that can ruin a good look with a bad photo.
But well, we must live with what we have….. if we can’t have it then let’s find another solution. So here I am with some indoors photos.

 photo pleatherpants2_zpsb389ba72.jpg

This is what I dressed (minus the rain coat) to go with Hubby in some kind of a date, dinner out, last night.
I tried to balance the pleather pants and booties’ rock vibes with the femininity of the pearls.
I always have been a hat’s lover and I have a few hats. However, living in a small conservative city, I usually felt weird when I wore a hat and most of the people stared at me. But lately I guess I feel more confident in wearing them.

As I’m wearing a hat maybe I’ll be in time to link to Style Crone's December Hat Attack, where Judith shows her amazing feathered hat.

Also since I’m wearing a few layers (does the inside cami also counts Anne? ;) ) I’m joining with Anne at Spy Girl for 52 Pickup which theme this week is Get Layered.

 photo pleatherpants1_zps4f4e61f5.jpg



black booties - Seaside
black pleather pants - La Redoute
burgundy sweater - Mango
black blazer - Romwe
faux fur vest - Tally Weijl
bordeaux and black hat - mainland store
white pearl necklaces - mainland store



I´m linking up with The Pleated Poppy’s what i wore, Isabelle Thornton’s Le chateau des fleurs , Glamamom’s Monday Mingle and Long Distance Loving’s Friday’s Fancies 

****************************

Now, let's have some fun and be inspired by other stylish bloggers; Here's how it works:
1.  Please follow (if you aren’t already a follower) Searching the Inner Me in some way (Bloglovin,  Facebook or GFC);
2.  Please include a link to Searching the Inner Me somewhere in your post, picking up the button (or a text link), so others can get involved in “Très Chic Style Bits”;
3. Please link up your post using our weekly InLinkz button at the bottom. Linky remains open until Thursday;
4. Be inspired visit others.


12 comments:

  1. Another GREAT look - the burgundy is such a good color for you. I love the hat on you as well.

    I hope the weather has not been too bad for you guys - looks a bit scary with the waves coming up over the road like that.

    xo Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fabulous, as per usual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my sweet friend stay safe ... those waves look scary.
    You look great! Love the pearls, vest and hat!! You look great in hats .. and I agree with Cat above the burgundy color is a great color for you! .. wishing you a dry week ahead. Thank you for hosting. Hugs C. (HHL)

    P.S. you are and inspiration and anything I can do to be of help is my pleasure. Keep blogging my friend you have so much to share and inspire others. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair and the pearls make me think of a 1920s "flapper." And I mean that in a good way! The faux fur vest looks fun, and the hat too. So what if people look at you - it's good to give them something to talk about!

    I hope the weather doesn't get worse for you. It certainly sounds like it's been wild and scary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonito look.
    Saludos amiga.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear, that is really bad weather!! Aweful and awesome. That hat looks ever so nice on you. Together with the long pearls you remind me of the Charleston period.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very nice look, the fur vest is beautiful and you look great with leather pants. The hat looks great on the look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the fur vest! I have a few myself.
    Hope the weather has improved. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. You may have your doubts about your photos but I love this ensemble! It's retro yet edgy at the same time, kind of like a more mature and elegant version of Bonnie Parker (Bonnie and Clyde).
    The weather here has been awful, too. We narrowly escaped an ice storm and many of my friends are sitting in cold, dark homes as we speak :-(

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty outfit! Thanks so much for linking!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dearest Seeker,
    Well, I had a hard time for joining... you look SO professional here! WOW, a kind of a Mademoiselle Coco style with pearls and a hat.
    Love your tile floor too! Looks very European to me; makes me feel right at home!
    So I did drag my feet and joined in with my leather shorts and vest and boots...
    So funny, you must have been eavesdropping on me, that you show here La Redoute leather pants. For years I've ordered lingerie and bed linens from La Redoute, France. But those items are NOT available here in the USA...
    I bet you keep warm in those leather pants and boots. And yes, layering with a camisole is what I always do in winter. It keeps you warm and you don't need the bulk.
    This was a fun participation.
    Hugs to you,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're a flapper! How "Jazz Age" you look, and it suits you. Great combos ... bet you got a lot of good attention in this little outfit!

    Thanks so much, Seeker, for your shout out. So kind! It's easy to support your project ... I think it's a good one.

    Sorry to be so late arriving! Bad weather and low energy ... I'm behind catching up with everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my humble blog! I read all your comments (even though I don't reply often) with great care. So keep them coming! Love to everyone :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...