Sunday, 5 January 2014

Très Chic Style Bits #9 | the leopard jacket

Hello my dear readers and blogging friends!
Hope you entered 2014 in the best possible way and may it be full of blessings for all.

And with the New Year our Link Up Party “Très Chic Style Bits” returns to its normal. 
As you know, link ups are a great way to meet new friends, and gain exposure for whatever you've been working on.
In our Linky your post doesn’t have to be just Fashion related, but it can also be Lifestyle connected, how to do something with style (a decoration, a way to exhibit a recipe, how to present a table for guests, etc….), anything and everything that makes your life stylish.
At the bottom of this post is the button you must click to had your link.

 photo leojacket5_zps239a641c.jpg

This is what I wore yesterday.
The New Year brought some bad weather, cold and wind. So I dug in my closet for a jacket that could make me feel warm.
I found this leopard jacket that in fact I didn’t wear from more than a year. Don’t ask me why, I don’t have a logic reason for that.
But wearing it yesterday allows me to join with Anne at Spy Girl for 52 Pickup which theme this week is “You haven't worn for a year”.

 photo leojacket3_zps16b40a6d.jpg

Hubby was not very fond of this outfit. “You look too dark” he said.
And he is right, I use to play more with colours. In fact when I started this blog I could manage four colours in an outfit. But we all change… and some events which I passed made me change.
But with this look, if I didn’t play with colours, I played with textures, I added suede, pleather and faux fur. And I also break a rule that I grow up hearing “Don’t mix black with brown”, remember that?

 photo leojacket1_zpsfcee16cc.jpg

brown suede boots - La Redoute
black pleather pants - La Redoute
black turtleneck - Zara
animal print jacket - Zara
necklace - Parfois

I´m linking up with The Pleated Poppy’s what i wore, and Long Distance Loving’s Friday’s Fancies

************************ 
Now, let's have some fun and be inspired by other stylish bloggers; Here's how it works:
1.  Please follow (if you aren’t already a follower) Searching the Inner Me in some way (Bloglovin,  Facebook or GFC);
2.  Please include a link to Searching the Inner Me somewhere in your post, picking up the button (or a text link), so others can get involved in “Très Chic Style Bits”;
3. Please link up your post using our weekly InLinkz button at the bottom. Linky remains open until Thursday;
4. Be inspired visit others.


10 comments:

  1. My husband often says the same: too black, too dark.
    But the other day after he had given me some stunning shoes, he preferred an all black outfit to show off the shoes better....how about that for a change?
    And I think you can wear colour (little and lots of it) and black and monochrome, whatever you feel like at a particular moment. It is not something you have to choose to wear forever. The next day you can pick something completely different.
    I think the jacket is great. Love it. And it is very good of you to mix black with brown. Younger women probably think we are mad for mentioning this "rule", but I remember it too. Trying to let it go.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice fur coat :) It fits you great!
    I follow you right now via google friend connect, visit my blog and follow back if you like it? :) www.kelataconea.com
    Kisses from Spain, Kela

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love animal prints, but men usually don't. That ought to be studied...
    I love your coat and the combination of black and brown.
    Have a wonderful sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year my sweet friend! Your outfit adds fun to a grey cold day... loving your jacket!! mixing brown and black is a great combination... you rock!! xo C. (HHL)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonito look, te deseo un feliz y prospero año.
    Un gran beso de tu amigo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the jacket and I like the look. Leather pants, they look lovely on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you look cute and not too dark at all.

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, poor baby ... you look cold! But very cute! More important, of course, to look cute!
    Love your choices. Good you got that sweet little jacket from the back of the closet and took her out for a spin.
    Dark? Not sure I agree. Your jacket is mid-range, and your boots and very dark. Your faux leather trousers are black, but that doesn't make the whole thing dark. Maybe he doesn't like so many neutrals.
    I do! One of the reasons I love winter is that the pressure to "wear color!" is less. I love my darks. And you look playful and classic in yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember and ignore that rule too! Nature puts black and brown together routinely. I love how the boot color coordinates beautifully with your hair. Not exact, but similar and it keeps the eye moving around your whole silhouette and focuses back to your pretty face.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my humble blog! I read all your comments (even though I don't reply often) with great care. So keep them coming! Love to everyone :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...