Sunday, 2 February 2014

Très Chic Style Bits #13 | pink statement coat....

Our Link Up Party “Très Chic Style Bits” is growing slowly, but is growing and I'm so happy about that!!
So a big Thank You to all the stylish bloggers who took the time to visit and link up with us!!!!
So, if you're new here, join us and add your link at the bottom of this post.

Pink coat photo pinkcoat2_zps67f6e208.jpg

At last the pink coat I was expecting and that I mentioned to you when I talked about statement coats, arrived.


The pink is a brighter hue than I thought, but I didn't care, because I like it any way.
The turtleneck is a forest green hue, but it seems almost black in the pictures.

Pink statement coat photo pinkcoat1_zpsaf2d590c.jpg

I had a terrible last working week.
I'm just feeling a little blue today.
I don't know what this is about the last few days. It could be the mid-winter blues. It could be the worrying state of the economy. It could be the fact that I'm seeing my salary cut. It could be nothing. But, it feels like something.
I can see no music that briefly shuts down depressing days by infusing them with meaning.
I wonder if I'm ungrateful. Honestly, there is no virtue in it, there is no meaning - there is only a day ticked away without me being...well...a happy self.
Sorry for the interruption, but excuse me for cutting this short - I have the sudden strongest urge to scream at the top of my lungs. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will make me feel better.


Pink coat statement photo pinkcoat3_zps034ebefc.jpg
Edited 18/02: Joining with Anne at Spy Girl for 52 Pickup which theme this week is “In the pink”.

 photo statmentnecklace_zps1deae1f0.jpg


black booties - Seaside
plaid pants - H&M
forest green turtleneck - C&A
pink coat - Romwe
necklace - Stradivarius




Now, let's have some fun and be inspired by other stylish bloggers; Here's how it works:
1.  Please follow (if you aren’t already a follower) Searching the Inner Me in some way (Bloglovin,  Facebook, Google + or GFC);
2.  Please include a link to Searching the Inner Me somewhere in your post, picking up the button (or a text link), so others can get involved in “Très Chic Style Bits”;
3. Please link up your post using our weekly InLinkz button at the bottom. Linky remains open until Saturdays;
4. Be inspired visit others.
I'll be pinning and sharing links throughout the week to my Très Chic Style Bits board on Pinterest! (with the hashtag  #treschicstylebits)
You can find the board HERE

{this linkup is very NEW I would love for you to help me spread the word! }




12 comments:

  1. I love that coat! The color looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look great in that coat! Love the color

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may feel a little down, but you sure look wonderful. That color really becomes you! And it surely helps keeping spirits up.
    Excuse me for asking, but were those photos taken in Portugal (mainland or islands)? That pavement is very typical in here and I couldn't help noticing it. I live in Lisbon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds to me like you have good reason to be unhappy. I truly hope that you can find a way to make things better in your life. Put that beautiful pink coat back on because it made me smile just seeing you in it ;-)

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...Seeker, I do hope you had a good expression of energy moving. Much better to yell than to sink into despair. I think I feel a bit of what you're feeling too. The intangible feeling that all is not as it should be.

    On a lighter note, your coat is bright and beautiful. I adore it! You've brightened my day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that you are able to push through those blues. Winter is always a bummer but getting your salary cut really blows. Maybe there is something good coming your way soon.

    Let me know if the screaming helped : ) I might need to try that.

    BTW I do love the coat…so there is that.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go ahead and scream if it helps!!! I hope things start to look up for you soon!!
    The new pink coat looks fantastic on you--such a bright happy color to cheer up a dull winter day!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Seeker, for the lovely Birthday e-card you sent ... pink roses are my favorites! So very nice of you!
    Sorry you are feeling blue. I note that the anniversary of your mother's passing was just the other day. That has to be affecting you. And with all that's going on, I'd be surprised if you are not a bit down. It's like the aphorism says, sometimes " if you aren't upset, then you're not paying attention!" Let us hope that a good nights sleep will bring a better day in the morning!
    You're looking very pretty in that killer pink coat, though. Just gorgeous, and you must brighten up the day of anyone who sees you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Your hot pink coat is fabulous! It's the perfect pick-me-up when having a lousy day and would look good with forest green, as well as other dark jewel tones. You just reminded me that I also have a killer hot pink winter coat from the 1950's or '60's...time to get it out and ward off those blues!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am all about pink & it looks great on you! I am now a follower & wish you a great new year!
    http://inmyprimetime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your coat is perfect. I love the fuchsia. It is even better than my purple one. Looking at your coat should cheer your up. Hopefully you will feel happy again soon. Winter is indeed not the best period. Perhaps it is lack of light.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my humble blog! I read all your comments (even though I don't reply often) with great care. So keep them coming! Love to everyone :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...