Sunday, 23 March 2014

Très Chic Style Bits #20 | What is a good blogger?

As I’m writing this, the weather outside is foggy, cold, gray and humid.
It’s supposed to be Spring. But here at the Island of Haze, Spring hasn’t sprung. Yet….

All week I’ve been living in pants and boots and heavy coats, but I made an attempt to get into the Spring spirit, wearing one of the SS/2014 trends, pastels, with my pink pastel cardigan.

But if Spring hasn’t come, our Link Up Party is here again. So have fun with us and link your post at the bottom of this.

black-faux-leather-pants-tweed-coat

I thought of starting this post with this phrase “I haven’t been a good blogger”. Then I questioned “But what’s a good blogger?”

 
At its essence, blogging is about the personal, the anecdotal, the individual. Of course it means different things to different people and is interpreted in a variety of ways.
So each blogger has each one interpretation of a good blogger, I guess.
Back in 2007 being a blogger meant publishing our posts, checking our favourites blogs, leaving comments in the ones we had more empathy and we had it almost done.
Now we have social media!
It’s the Facebook personal’s account, the Facebook blog’s account, Google +, Pinterest, Twitter (I haven’t), Instagram (I’m not) and after checking all these, making some engagement there, where is the time to write the article, to take the pictures, to comment on a blog?
We can all agree that our individuality is stressed and celebrated through our words and images.
But we are so committed in social media that the real thing why we are here stays aside.
Well, this is just my 2 cents…. I’m sure there are lots of bloggers who don’t agree with me.

pink-pastel-cardigan-faux-leather-pants

You know what? Well I’ve been so obsessed with Paris….

burgundy-sweater-pink-pastel-cardigan

 photo pocket-detail_zps538ad537.jpg
The cardigan pocket detail with sequins

black boots - local store
black faux leather pants - La Redoute
burgundy sweater - Mango
pink pastel cardigan - H&M
scarf - La Redoute
necklace - gift
tweed coat - Mango


****************************************

Now, let's have some fun and be inspired by other stylish bloggers; Here's how it works:
1.  Please follow (if you aren’t already a follower) Searching the Inner Me in some way (Bloglovin,  Facebook, Google + or GFC);
2.  Please include a link to Searching the Inner Me somewhere in your post, picking up the button (or a text link), so others can get involved in “Très Chic Style Bits”;
3. Please link up your post using our weekly InLinkz button at the bottom. Linky remains open until Saturdays;
4. Be inspired visit others.
I'll be pinning and sharing links throughout the week to my Très Chic Style Bits board on Pinterest! (with the hashtag  #treschicstylebits)
You can find the board HERE




15 comments:

  1. I find that it's getting harder and harder to keep up with all of the social media platforms out there. I put the most energy into the blog, and catch up with the others as I'm able (or not). I love the pink and deep red colors together, and gorgeous scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely relate! I have a very hard time keeping up with the "networking" aspect. I just do the best I can and hope those that follow my blog and know me understand there's no way I can get to everybody.
    Love your pink sweater! I hope you get warmer weather soon :-)

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't do it all and finally stopped trying...I am not really developing Pinterest and Instagram...it is a time thing. I love your second look here...very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like both looks, the scarf is cute. The first cardigan is very beautiful, and pants are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it has become a time consuming activity, good thing we still enjoy it right??? ( love the sweater and the detailing)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your cardigan with the sequin pocket - it's a great touch. Yes, "blogging" has definitely become overrun with all the other social media ...it is a challenge to keep up...and I have been evaluating how much time I am actually able to give all the social media. Thank you for hosting ...hugs and blessings, C. (HHL)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very timely post!!! I can't keep up with it all and just threw the towel in with Twitter and instagram.
    I love t he sequin detail on the cardigan!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really loving your burgundy sweater with that killer scarf - so beautiful and colorful! Your pendant looks smashing, as well. As for being a good blogger,
    heck if I know! I just keep plugging along, hoping somebody likes what I have to say and my unusual style. I'm proud of what I'm doing, having fun, and making some great blogger friends, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pale pink sequin pocket cardigan is very pretty, spring itself. Both outfits great on you. The social media thing can consume so much time, I simply do what I can , before it all becomes a chore.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like everyone else said, it is just too hard to keep up with everything. Already Facebook is a huge pain in my butt. I haven't started Instagram and can't be bothered for the moment. I find it hard just to get the basics done for my blog already. Twitter is just reposted from my blog automatically. Otherwise I haven't a clue how to use it. I am lame lame lame.

    I adore that pocket on the sweater. I need to make my own DIY of this now. Your scarf is gorgeous too.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally agree with you: blogs have become a bit of a job and we have to remember that we do this for fun, not as another chore.

    Guess what? It IS really spring where I live. Check out my post to see what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are a VERY Good Blogger! I love, love, love this very pretty transitional outift! The pink, the burgundy, the print and the sequins! All together it speaks volumes about an optimistic hope for a lovely spring! So gorgeous!
    Thank you again for providing a home-away-from-home for us.
    I hope you are in the best mood, and that you have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely cardigan with a great scarf. And eh... because of all the work I am thinking of stopping my blog at least twice a month. Even today. There is a life outside blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have the best scarves Seeker! And what a perfect nod to the spring with your pink cardigan. I'm feeling it here in Sacramento and I can't wait for it to get warmer and warmer.

    I too am oftentimes overwhelmed with all the social media avenues available to all of us. It's easy to post but to engage with people in each every platform is a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The problem with posting last is that everyone's already said what I wanted to say. ;p So how about just a "hi!" and a "that scarf is drop dead gorgeous and you are too" and a little bit of "pink and burgundy - genius!"

    Also, in regards to good blogging - I gauge my success in my ability to post every day on Wordpress and all other avenues be damned (pardon my French). I gauge others' success in their ability to make me smile with each post, either because of the text or the pics or both. You, Seeker, make me smile every time so I think you're extremely successful! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my humble blog! I read all your comments (even though I don't reply often) with great care. So keep them coming! Love to everyone :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...